GameSalad

iOS 11 Does Not Allow 32 Bit Apps

zweg25zweg25 Posts: 738Member

Hi Gamesaladers,

I just got news from WWDC that iOS 11 does not support 32 Bit games anymore. I do not know if that affects any of your games, but this will require most apps to be updated. Does the new version of Gamesalad support 64 bit?

Thanks

Comments

  • JSprojectJSproject Posts: 730Member

    The GS build servers have created the binary with 64bit support for like 2 years now.

  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaPosts: 1,355Member, BASIC

    Since January 2015 in RC v 0.12.19 it has.

  • SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,820Member

    @PhilipCC said:
    Since January 2015 in RC v 0.12.19 it has.

    Philip's gone all Yoda on us.

  • MarcoColMarcoCol Posts: 230Member, PRO

    So to support that 64-Bit for iOS 11, is it enough now to publish a project from the GS-online-portfolio and submit it to apple, or must it complete uploaded as a new version to the portfolio, then published and submitted?

  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaPosts: 1,355Member, BASIC

    @MarcoCol said:
    So to support that 64-Bit for iOS 11, is it enough now to publish a project from the GS-online-portfolio and submit it to apple, or must it complete uploaded as a new version to the portfolio, then published and submitted?

    If you built it with a GS Creator older than RC v 0.12.19, then open the project in GS 1.25, test that it works the way you expect, publish an Adhoc and test on a device, then publish an AppStore version to submit.

    But if you mean that you have an old build prior to Jan 2015 just sitting in your portfolio and you want to generate and download it to submit, you might have a problem.


    Belated reply:

    @Socks said:
    Philip's gone all Yoda on us.

    No, I have not.

    But I do have the first 10 issues of Marvel Comics' Star Wars published in 1977 if some collector would like to make an offer?

    ( If MarcoCol didn't resurrect this thread I would have never seen your remark. :D )

  • officialgarryjoshiofficialgarryjoshi Posts: 1Member
    edited January 10

    Today I updated my iPhone 7 from iOS 10 to latest iOS 11.2.1. Now whenever I am trying to open the GameSalad Viewer app it only displays a white blank screen at the startup and few second later just closing itself automatically...Guess the developer still havent updated the app to 64 bit. Or is the problem something else can anyone please help?

    Update: I uninstalled the app > did soft reset > reinstalled the latest version and it's working just fine again :) Thanks for the solution.


    dltutuapp.com show-box.ooo tutuappx.com

  • fmakawafmakawa Posts: 554Member

    @officialgarryjoshi said:
    Today I updated my iPhone 7 from iOS 10 to latest iOS 11.2.1. Now whenever I am trying to open the GameSalad Viewer app it only displays a white blank screen at the startup and few second later just closing itself automatically...Guess the developer still havent updated the app to 64 bit. Or is the problem something else can anyone please help?

    Different problem

  • pHghostpHghost London, UKPosts: 2,282Member

    @officialgarryjoshi said:
    Guess the developer still havent updated the app to 64 bit. Or is the problem something else can anyone please help?

    Try reinstalling it. Works OK for me.

Sign In or Register to comment.