GameSalad

Hey spammer(s)... bugger off.. no-one here cares about whatever crap you're selling!

Hey spammer(s)... bugger off.. no-one here cares about whatever crap you're selling!

Comments

  • gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Posts: 1,427Member, PRO

    +1 Agree

    We should also consider a European Moderator to tackle this as during the day in Europe we suffer the spamming a lot waiting for a mod to come online and delete it (either that or force the mods to work night shifts! - Only joking!).

  • monkeyboy+simianmonkeyboy simian Posts: 401Member, PRO

    I say release the bees!

  • monkeyboy+simianmonkeyboy simian Posts: 401Member, PRO

    all of them!

  • tatiangtatiang Posts: 10,785Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef

    @gingagaming said:
    either that or force the mods to work night shifts!

    They'd have to pay me double.

  • tatiangtatiang Posts: 10,785Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef

    A European moderator is a good idea but aside from that, if 5 people flag a comment as spam, it should sink the comment:

    https://blog.vanillaforums.com/help/moderating-your-vanilla-community/

  • monkeyboy+simianmonkeyboy simian Posts: 401Member, PRO

    can we still release the bees?

  • gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Posts: 1,427Member, PRO
    edited June 15

    @tatiang said:
    A European moderator is a good idea but aside from that, if 5 people flag a comment as spam, it should sink the comment:

    https://blog.vanillaforums.com/help/moderating-your-vanilla-community/

    I do tend to flag them but they rarely get past 3 so they hang around still. Either the community needs educating to do this or the limit reducing to 3 should be enough. I doubt 3 flags is a danger to anyone's post

    ...waits for the flagging to start in his post.

  • SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,598Member, PRO

    @tatiang said:

    @gingagaming said:
    either that or force the mods to work night shifts!

    They'd have to pay me double.

    On top of your Christmas bonus and generous holiday pay this could break GameSalad.

  • ToqueToque Posts: 849Member, PRO

    They are annoying. I google translated one once because it had the name of a local university. Selling diplomas......

    They must just go post on every forum they can find.

  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Dallas, TexasPosts: 8,838Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick

    They have been pretty dominant recently, but I think the sous' are doing a good job removing and utilizing the ban hammer. I don't think it's ever been to the point where we can't handle them. Now...We may see a boost in productivity if we happened to get that Christmas bonus. ;)

  • JapsterJapster Posts: 297Member, PRO
    edited June 15

    @tatiang said:
    A European moderator is a good idea but aside from that, if 5 people flag a comment as spam, it should sink the comment:

    https://blog.vanillaforums.com/help/moderating-your-vanilla-community/

    Sounds good, but the a$$ h*les are posting dozens of them sometimes - I can't justify walking back and forth through them flagging them while, erm... in work at my day job...

    Maybe set it to 3? :smile:

    At the moment, just flagging "University Of" and/or weird characters / foreign language posts would stop it ALL... :wink:

  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaPosts: 1,205Member, PRO

    Ask Trump to build a foreign language spam wall!

  • monkeyboy+simianmonkeyboy simian Posts: 401Member, PRO

    bees?

  • ForumNinjaForumNinja Posts: 435Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee

    @Braydon_SFX said:
    3 flags may be a nice change. I've passed this on to ForumNinja.

    Sadly I couldn't find a simple option anywhere to change the required number from 5 to 3. I'll reach out to Vanilla to see if there's something I'm missing or if it's something that needs to be configured elsewhere.

  • monkeyboy+simianmonkeyboy simian Posts: 401Member, PRO

    can't we just release the bees?

  • JapsterJapster Posts: 297Member, PRO

    @ForumNinja said:

    @Braydon_SFX said:
    3 flags may be a nice change. I've passed this on to ForumNinja.

    Sadly I couldn't find a simple option anywhere to change the required number from 5 to 3. I'll reach out to Vanilla to see if there's something I'm missing or if it's something that needs to be configured elsewhere.

    @ForumNinja - Cheers for even checking! - here's hoping there's a mechanism in there to set it so.... :wink:

Sign In or Register to comment.