I lost my actor :(

DjangoZDjangoZ Member Posts: 40
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
I set the instance of an actor outside of the view area and now I don't know how to find it again so I can change attributes, position, etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Django

Comments

• Fafnir312Fafnir312 Member Posts: 161
    Go to scene > attributes and change the size to something large enough for you to grab your actor.

I would really like to be able to place actors outside of the scene area and still select them. It'd be useful for when I'm level building. I can set up a "palette" of actors and grab from them instead of having to scroll through all my actors to find what I want. Especially when I have actors based off the same prototype but with tweaked settings in the scene.
  • DjangoZDjangoZ Member Posts: 40
    Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Unfortunately I set my actor instance to a negative X sufficient that it is outside of the grey area on the left border. So when I increase the scene size attribute I extend to the right, but not to the left where my lost actor is.

Any other ideas?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Could you just click on the layers button ( I think that's what it's called) the click on your actor and hit delete. Then just redrag him back into the screen
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    After going the the layers tab, select the actor and then use the arrow keys to microshift it back to your screen. (If you don't want to delete it)
  • DjangoZDjangoZ Member Posts: 40
    Thank you both - that worked great.

I've been looking at TGB and GameSalad and a few of the other engines and I must say that the level and timeliness of support here is making a big difference to me and my co-developer as we look at which engine to purchase. Wonderful community you have here!
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Indeed.

They smell a bit, but they have hearts of gold.

Those that that *have* hearts, that is...

QS ;)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io