iOS Publishing using a non personal mac

fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

Hi Folks,
So I finally got round to sorting out my developer license with Apple and wanted to verify a few things before I start the publishing process.

First, is there a particular problem that will pop up in the future if I use a friend's mac to publish now and then use another mac later on for updates etc?

Secondly, what are the largest pitfalls for iOS publishing for someone who is used to Android/Google publishing? (I've been coding what I thought was best practice even for iOS but I could be wrong)

thanks ya'll

Comments

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

Any one? I really would like to get it right and not end up caught in the loop of fighting apple and resubmitting and being rejected repeatedly that some devs have found themselves in at some point or another. Much appreciated!

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited June 2017

first one: No, you are not further bound to this mac.
    Using another machine requires you just to create a new keychain on this new machine, then you have to create new certificates using this keychain, then link the provisioning profiles to this certificates. Updating/Publishing your app with those changed certificates + prov. profiles does not create any issues.

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

thanks @BigDave! Into the breach my friends, into the breach!