'Evasion' Game Won't Show Up in the iOS App Store when searching 'Evasion'!

rainwaterstudiosrainwaterstudios Member Posts: 198

I've contacted Apple about this issue but have just been getting passed around and haven't gotten any satisfactory responses from them.... Could this be a problem with GameSalad, or is this definitely an Apple problem?

I'm extremely angry that when searching the exact name of my game, my game doesn't appear in the search results. IMO if you search the exact name of an app, it should appear as the 1st search result... yet when searching 'Evasion' in the App Store I don't see my game at all (at least in the first few hundred results!) The only way I can find my game is by searching for 'Rainwater Studios' or 'Rainwater Studios Evasion'.... Anyone have an idea why this is happening or how to fix it???

Comments

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@rainwaterstudios

In Germany it appears in 5 place when searching for the name.

However, as the name is a "common word", more popular/older titles with the same word in the title, or as strong keyword, will be ranked higher in the results.

If you only use a single word as the name, make it something unique (for the search) and memorable (for the user). Otherwise use something a bit more descriptive.

• rainwaterstudiosrainwaterstudios Member Posts: 198

@Hopscotch said:
    @rainwaterstudios

In Germany it appears in 5 place when searching for the name.

Could you send a screenshot? I'm interested in which apps show up for you. For me, the search results display hundreds of apps before my 'Evasion'.

However, as the name is a "common word", more popular/older titles with the same word in the title, or as strong keyword, will be ranked higher in the results.

I understand the concept, but fail to see why an app named "Baby Alien Invasion Lite" comes up before 'Evasion' when searching for 'Evasion'...

If you only use a single word as the name, make it something unique (for the search) and memorable (for the user). Otherwise use something a bit more descriptive.

That's what I was going for when I published the first version of the game.. The title is reflective of the gameplay in that the only real rule of the game is to evade all objects... which is why simply naming it 'Evasion' was my choice.