Stop a spawner

ThiatereikaThiatereika Member, PRO Posts: 9

Hi everyone,
I ran into another newb problem and no joke have spent most of today failing at trying to figure it out and I'm sure its a simple fix.. i hope!

So I have a spawner and I have followed tutorials so I can make it spit out my enemies for any number of seconds but it doesn't ever stop!!!!!
I only want it to spit out say.. 10 for this level or spit em out for only say 30 seconds. I will have another spawner also spitting out enemies.. and only want 5 of those or again for X amount of seconds.

think of this like a tower defense.. waves of enemies but at some point you beat the level when
A. no more enemies are on the screen, or
B. you die.

please tell me this is possible and I'm just missing something. Thank you so much in advance. I couldn't do this without all your knowledge and help!!!

-Thia

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Thiatereika said:
    I only want it to spit out say.. 10 for this level or spit em out for only say 30 seconds.

Timer For 30 seconds
    --Timer Every 3 seconds
    ---Spawn Actor

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Another approach.

In the spawner actor, make a new attribute, an integer will do, let's call it NME.

Rule - When NME is less than 10
    --Timer Every X seconds
    ----Spawn Actor
    ----Change Attribute NME to NME+1

• ThiatereikaThiatereika Member, PRO Posts: 9

@Socks Thank you so much. I had tried using a [for] timer but I had it in the wrong place.
    My first attempt at your first suggestion didn't work so I just started over and bam! Works like a charm!