HUGE BUG -- Display Text not working on the App Store?!

Hi everyone, I just published my 8th app to the app store and noticed some alarming issues. All of my display text behaviors are not working on the live version. In all of my est versions (GS editor, GS viewer app, Test Fairy, and Test Flight) correctly work, the display text is correctly showing the words and numbers. However, my app has just been release on the iOS app store and I downloaded it and every single place where text should be displaying is completely blank. Has anyone ever had this issue? Corrupted payload APK during publishing is literally the only thing I can think of. Thank you

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Are you loading the text from tables? Is the download a clean install or did you install it over a previous (test) version?

If the TestFlight works, so should this, as there is no difference in how a TestFlight and publishing version is compiled.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited August 2017

What font are you using, is it multiple fonts? Try re-importing whatever font you have used back into the project and republish and test ad-hoc.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• LuappAppsLuappApps Member, PRO Posts: 16

The font is just GS's Voces, its not coming from tables, it was a clean in install, and it works on all test versions, I republished to test and ad-hoc and it works. The only thing that I can think of is that the GS publishing portal was very slow and non-responsive the day I published, perhaps the APK was corrupt when sending to Apple?

The version of the game on android google play works just fine.

Correction, it doesn't work in testflight either. So for clarification, it works in gamesalad editor, in game salad viewer, on the Google Play Store live on an android device, but not on iOS testflight or iOS app store. I am using Voces font.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187
    edited August 2017

tested adhoc on a iOS device how does it look?

Adhoc. Xcode. Not GS viewer app?

adhoc on iOS device via the gamesalad viewer works correctly

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited August 2017

@LuappApps I don't think the Voces font is a native iOS font. Try importing the Voces font as a custom font back into gamesalad and test via iOS app deployed from testflight or installed directly as a .app file. http://www.1001freefonts.com/voces.font

Follow us: Twitter - Website

It ended up being a publishing issue. With the help of some of the gamesalad crew, they ended up having to publish from their machine for it to work, strange but it works now!

• MichaelGHMichaelGH Member, PRO Posts: 1

I am having a similar issue. If you could direct me to the correct place to ask for help, I would appreciate it.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@MichaelGH The blue button in the bottom right corner will get you connected to the GS team. Sounds like this is one they need to look at!

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Download the app file and check the case of the font file. Something's change where case sensitivity is now affecting whether fonts display. I was gonna try to look into it more after this next release, but for now, you can manually fix by making sure the case of the font file name matches the case of the font "file" name in the assets.xml file. If you need help with that, ping customer support in the blue box and we'll get back to you.