App not working after importing CSV table

nir3112nir3112 Member, PRO Posts: 304

Hi,
I have an app that is working fine for 2 years now and this year I wanted to make my work shorter then last year so I export my GS table to CSV and edit the table with Numbers then I saved the new file and imported it back to GS.
My app is just running on the table and shows the correct value depends on the date of today.
After importing the CSV back the app doesn't shows the values anymore, the actors are staying empty.
BTW the new table is the same size with the same kind of data and the columns and rows numbers are the same also..
So why my app is not working anymore?

Thanks!

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I deleted your duplicate thread.

When you import the CSV into the project file, does the data appear in the table?

Also, what is the expression you're using to "show the values"? Have you checked to make sure the row and column values are what you expect them to be? How have you done this?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• nir3112nir3112 Member, PRO Posts: 304

@tatiang said:
    I deleted your duplicate thread.

When you import the CSV into the project file, does the data appear in the table?

Also, what is the expression you're using to "show the values"? Have you checked to make sure the row and column values are what you expect them to be? How have you done this?

Thanks for your answer!
    In my app I have an attribute called "TableRunner" this attribute is running on the table with loop until it finding the correct date, then it changing some attribute to the value of the correct cell in the table.
    On another actor I have display text that shows the attribute with the table value.

Yes I have checked everything, the code is working perfectly, it worked perfectly before I import my CSV, all I did is importing CSV file with new values in it I didn't touch the code at all.

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

My guess is you don't have any values matching what you are looping for. Therefore it returns a zero and the game does not work.

You will need to have a display text and work out what the returned value is. If it is blank, it means there is an error in the values. Which would mean a zero has been returned (and in the game you are trying to use this zero to reference a table value etc) or it is still trying to look over your table and find a value?

It also depends if you used Loop over table, or just the regular Loop behaviour.
    Once you now what value is being returned, you can go from there. Make sure the attribute type is also the same. If it is a text now, and a numeric before, then that might be a problem.

Best,
    Two.E