IAP and ads delay scene changes in AdHoc

eligameseligames Member, PRO Posts: 40
edited September 2017 in Working with GS (Mac)

I am almost done with my game and I wanted to test it on adhoc but when i press a button to go to another scene the game freezes. The game works fine in game salad viewer on iPhone but not with adhoc. When signed the game is only 33 mb.

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

You'll need to figure out what rule is causing the freeze. Due to the differences in processor speeds, etc., things work differently on mobile devices and computers.

Try changing to a different scene. Maybe there's a problem with that particular scene. Then you can start debugging the actors in that scene. Pay careful attention to actors that are using Loops, Timers, and especially table functions such as tableCellValue, Change Table Value, etc. It's possible you have something that is trying to access a non-existent table cell (e.g. row number zero).

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• eligameseligames Member, PRO Posts: 40

I figured out that an ad was displaying, but the ad takes a very long time and I am afraid the user will think the game is broken. Is there anyway to speed this up? I am using chart boost ads to do this.

The In app purchases also take much longer than expected I don't know if it is my wifi or not. Hopefully it is.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with IAPs or ads but I've changed the thread title to relate better to the issue you're having.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• UncloudedStudioUncloudedStudio NetherlandsMember Posts: 285

I've encountered issues with ChartBoost interstitials in the past. I'm now using video interstitials and never had any problems, it can sometimes take a second or two before the ads pop up. You can try switching interstitial type (static or video) to check if it has any effect. You can also try to do a AdHoc without ChartBoost to see if it has any effect.

Most likely there is something wrong with your code like @tatiang already mentioned.

What do you mean with IAP taking a long time to load? The amount of time before the dialogue box pops up?

Yes it just takes a long time before the window pops up, sometimes 10 seconds and sometimes 2.

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 523

@UncloudedStudio said:
    I've encountered issues with ChartBoost interstitials in the past. I'm now using video interstitials and never had any problems, it can sometimes take a second or two before the ads pop up. You can try switching interstitial type (static or video) to check if it has any effect. You can also try to do a AdHoc without ChartBoost to see if it has any effect.

Most likely there is something wrong with your code like @tatiang already mentioned.

What do you mean with IAP taking a long time to load? The amount of time before the dialogue box pops up?

Hi @UncloudedStudio
    What is the difference between interstitial and reward Ads? Do they pay differently?
    I mean, if I simply want to "force" the player to watch a video to advance, I can use interstitial video AD or I shoul use reward ad, to be sure that the video AD was watched? (through "Ad reward value" variable)
    The Interstitial Ad does any type of confirmation that it was seen? or it is not necessary because after lounched, it can not been interrupted?
    Sorry if there are many questions, I am lost and defining how I can solve this for my game.
    Thank you! :blush: