B-Grade Renegade: Race to the Rocket - coming October 20th

HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
edited October 2017 in Working with GS (Mac)

I left my job as a Game Designer & Producer in the Melbourne games industry in 2011, and started a top-down action game where you could jump in and out of cars, shoot stuff, and finish levels.

But it was beyond me. I knew it was more than I could achieve, as my first game doing the programming myself.

So I made two smaller games to learn how to complete a game on my own.

Then I started teaching Game Design & Production, and learning Unity, but always kept tinkering with "Foxy Driver" on the side.

Finally, 6 years later, it's ready. Phewf.

After much sobbing, yelling and complaining on my behalf on these forums, we shall hopefully see that perhaps it was not all for naught. ;)

B-Grade Renegade: Race to the Rocket is due out on the App Store on October 20th.

I couldn't polish up every little thing, or workaround every limitation of our beloved engine, but I am very pleased to say that I'm happy with my final results, and I really hope that some of you will give it a go, and enjoy it too. :)

I'll post again when it's actually out, assuming all goes smoothly with submission, etc. For now, here's a few screenshots below.

B-Grade Renegade is a grindhouse action roguelike for iPhone and iPad,
featuring strategic choices & procedural level generation.

Choose your route across the wastelands, scavenging on foot, driving vehicles and
blasting enemies as you try to reach the last rocket outta here!

I'm also planning to make a dev video showing builds over time, from 2011 to 2017! So that could be amusing. We'll see!

Rock on.

Comments