Portrait only game bug when launched while holding game in landscape?

I noticed the game tries to launch in landscape before it realizes that it's only portrait in Scene>>attributes

I'm guessing it's due to the delay in loading the attributes of the game

Is there any ways around this?

I want my app to be portrait at all times even before loading the game's scene attributes.

Comments

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited October 2017

Just while I'm here I have to ask the obvious too, have you locked the orientation to only portrait (and only 1 portrait option, or it can still try to rotate 180 degrees, and possibly still affect it?), in your build/publishing options? not sure if it would fix it, but thinking if it's specifically set, it might help?

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

in your build/publishing options? not sure if it would fix it, but thinking if it's specifically set, it might help?

Hmm.. I didn't know I can choose only Portrait during publishing.. I'll look into it..

Thx

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited October 2017

@abuabed84 said:

in your build/publishing options? not sure if it would fix it, but thinking if it's specifically set, it might help?

Hmm.. I didn't know I can choose only Portrait during publishing.. I'll look into it..

Thx

@abuabed84 - No, it's me being daft... Seems it's only an option for iOS builds... sorry... :(

SO, I used this logic in Parcel Monkey Sim (it's a real bodge / sledgehammer to a nail approach, could be made much shorter, but the delay for the screen 'jumping' / moving seems to differ, so this definitely catches it EVERY time... too soon, and nothing happens, too late, and it looks rubbish, snapping into place - this gave me the best result... :smile: ) - maybe it would work with a 1/2 second length timer, and .05 delay (or less!) for the repeats, to minimise time in between catching the 'jump' and correcting it...

(PS - The two expanded attributes below, are camera origin X and Y)

Pop this in an unlocked actor on your scene, and give it a try (my menu is three screens wide, the default position being the middle of the 3, and camera is 1024 wide, hence I'm using 1024, so you might want to reset both to the values currently set in your project, just substitute them for my values below):-

Let me know if it helps? (or if it helps anyone else here!)...

Japster