How to record game for trailer

ZwireZwire Member, PRO Posts: 179

Hi All,

Does anybody know the best way to record game footage to make a trailer?

I already tried to use a recording app and record gameplay on my phone but all those apps speed up the gameplay and the sound is off.

Or is there software on pc which can only record the viewer in creator?

Cheers,

Zwire

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

I use Reflector app to record screentime. Also, with iOS 11, a built-in screen recording app is available to use. I used it for one of my tutorials and it worked really well. High quality and saves directly to your Photos app.

• goliathgoliath Member Posts: 1,440

What kind of computer do you have? You can record straight from quicktime if you have a mac computer.... From there you can get your gameplay video's and make a cool trailer in imovie.

• ZwireZwire Member, PRO Posts: 179

@Braydon_SFX said:
    I use Reflector app to record screentime. Also, with iOS 11, a built-in screen recording app is available to use. I used it for one of my tutorials and it worked really well. High quality and saves directly to your Photos app.

Thanks for your tips. I dont have an Iphone and the recording apps on the playstore are crap.

Thanks anyway.

• ZwireZwire Member, PRO Posts: 179

@goliath said:
    What kind of computer do you have? You can record straight from quicktime if you have a mac computer.... From there you can get your gameplay video's and make a cool trailer in imovie.

Im working on a pc.

Ill have to ask a friend with a Mac to record it then.

Thanks for the tip!