duplicate images, unnecessary inflation of file size

I did ":show package contents" and noticed most of the graphics in the game have been duplicated

i don't know why this keeps happening.

It's make the game size bigger even though the game only uses the original files not the duplicates.

Comments

• rainwaterstudiosrainwaterstudios Member Posts: 198

@abuabed84 said:
    I did ":show package contents" and noticed most of the graphics in the game have been duplicated

i don't know why this keeps happening.

It's make the game size bigger even though the game only uses the original files not the duplicates.

I have also encountered this problem; when viewing the project's images folder in Finder, if you type '(' in the search bar (select to search the images folder, not your whole computer...) it should bring up all of the duplicate images that are named like 'image (1)', then just delete the duplicated images from the search results. That's the best method I've used to find duplicates, another option is to use a 3rd party app such as duplicate detective.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Haven't heard of this problem before. I checked one of my project files with over 450 images and it didn't have any duplicates. What Mac OS are you running?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

@tatiang said:
    Haven't heard of this problem before. I checked one of my project files with over 450 images and it didn't have any duplicates. What Mac OS are you running?

it has happened with me before in another game project

I'm using Mac's 10.12.6

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Not all of them are duplicated, though, which I would expect if it was a general bug.

Are you entirely sure you didn't import those images multiple times by mistake?

When you are in GameSalad Creator, it shows you each image only once in the image pane?

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187
    edited November 2017

Interesting. I just checked my latest game and there are no duplicates.....So not sure.

Cool to see a 3.5 floppy disc again :smiley:

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@pHghost said:

hey. They were better than the 5 1/4!!