Education

I am aware of the cookbooks and the youtube videos. What Im wanting to know is if there are any real life classroom or 1 on 1 teachers of GameSalad? Im aware of the hourly rate services that assist via online. But Im curious to know if anyone is teaching in real life in a single location or traveling?

Comments

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599
    edited November 2017

I do teaching with 1 on 1 (only with 1 person) and a small group. However, due to my limited time, I only do 1-2 hours of actual "teaching" a week and then just answer any questions via chat through Skype. Although it's all slowing down now due to the new creator transition.

Edit: The group is setup through a school.

Best,

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I've done one-on-one tutoring in GameSalad locally (San Francisco area) but have been too busy in the past few years to do much. I imagine it would be hard to find someone in your area (of course, depending on where you live) but there are several people who offer Skype assistance and I would imagine it's nearly as helpful.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

I teach both graduate and undergraduate courses in instructional simulations and games. (How to make and use games and simulations for instructional purposes.) My students are mostly teachers/trainers or instructional developers.

I use GameSalad for an introductory graduate course where teachers want to learn to make games and simulations but don't need to learn to code. They end up seeing the great potential of GameSalad for their own classes (both for making their own instructional materials and for teaching their students 'CS concepts').

I often use Jamie Cross's excellent introductory book as the course textbook.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

I often use Jamie Cross's excellent introductory book as the course textbook.

Thanks for the mention and kind words @Rthruman. :)