Gradual decrease spawn time (runner)

Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Member, PRO Posts: 302
edited November 2017 in Working with GS (Mac)

How can I gradually decrease the spawn time?

I noticed that the timer locks on one # value and can't be changed... so, what other method can I use for a runner? so the platforms I'm spawning come from the right to the left (runner) and I want them to get closer to each other gradually (gradual-shorter-spawn-times).

Thank you

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

I believe you are looking for a “ custom timer”. There are tutorials and discussion just search it.

• Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Member, PRO Posts: 302

@Toque Hi, and thanks for suggestion. I have searched Google and game salad and the most I could find was a DEMO of a "custom timer" someone sent me. Can someone explain how I can adjust this "Custom Timer" to gradually decrease the timer value?

for example in seconds: 1 / .9 / .8 / .7 / .6 / .5 ... etc ect

Here is a snapshot of the Custom Timer, but it is set to randomize value instead of decrease gradually.

Thank you... I think this is a million dollar question, I have not found an answer to it.

(I even tried using the EASE-IN feature of "interpolate behavior" to act like a timer, but I don't know how to code "Spawn every +1")

edited November 2017

I think there is no such code in GameSalad for a gradual decrease in spawn time... I haven't found a thing on it. No one can give a straight answer/code to resolve this. So I guess it doesn't exist.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

It's not that hard. But if you want to give me a million dollars, I won't say no. ;)

Instead of changing self.duration to random(3,7) each time, just change it to self.duration-0.1. Make the initial value of self.duration equal to 1.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

edited November 2017

@tatiang Ok, I am trying this but I have no idea how to apply this in my project, I would so appreciate it if you can elaborate with a bit more detail for instance:

Make a Spawn actor
    in that spawn actor do etc etc
    Then this, then that

and the million is yours :) PLEASE and THANKS!

• as princess Lea said to ObiOne, "you're my only hope" haha

Here's a demo I made a few years ago to increase spawn time. I modified it for your purposes.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang I'll be sending you a million dollars! in my dreams! haha I would though!

Thank you, it worked PERFECTLY! Appreciate it! GAMESALAD sainthood you've entered!

edited November 2017

You're welcome! Now I can go on my dream vacation. :)