Project Merger Question

CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
edited December 2017 in Working with GS (Mac)

1: This is not a support ticket
2: I am not expecting Official gamesalad personnel to answer this question.
3: I do not expect Gamesalad to be responsible for any issues I have with the Project Merger Software.
4: This question is being asked here because this is a community of Gamesalad users.

I have recently returned to using gamesalad and therefore have been out of the loop on a lot of things. Im trying to get
back into the swing of things.

I just tried merging 2 Projects together using the "Project Merger" software that has greatly been used and talk about in this community for years. The merger worked and created a new project file. When I opened it. Nothing happened. No New project window, or any errors.

_**UPDATED INFO ON THE ISSUE

Trying to Merge Project A&B together.
When I Choose A for Project1 and B for project2.... They merge and it doesnt open
When I Choose B for Project1 and A for project2... They merge and it works.
A is a blank Ipad Portrait project
B is a iphone portrait project.**_

To those who have used or are still currently using the Project Merger software....

1. Is it clear that due to current changes in the make up of how gamesalad works. That the merger software is now obsolete?
  2. If not... is there anyone here who is currently still using it with out any issues?
  3. Or is there anyone here who still uses it? Who is aware of the issue Im am referring to? And knows of a way to combat the issue?

Comments

• wayneh001wayneh001 Member Posts: 300

The GS Project Merger Tool has not been updated or supported for a while now.
    Due to a lot of changes to the GameSalad Creator tool and the way way projects are created now, I would not recommend using the tools.

I did a customised GS Merger update for @gingagaming , but after another release from GameSalad, even that version (I'm told) no longer works.

Cheers
    Wayne

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@wayneh001 said:
    The GS Project Merger Tool has not been updated or supported for a while now.
    Due to a lot of changes to the GameSalad Creator tool and the way way projects are created now, I would not recommend using the tools.

I did a customised GS Merger update for @gingagaming , but after another release from GameSalad, even that version (I'm told) no longer works.

Cheers
    Wayne

The merger still works but is limited and due to the new web version due for release sometime next year, the desirous has been made to discontinue it due to compatibility. Hopefully GSHQ will add a merge feature to its new creator 2.0.