Creator not Opening on Windows 10 Computer

coupons.valcoupons.val Member, PRO Posts: 5

For the past several days, getting Creator to open on my Windows 10 machine has been hit or miss. Most of the time it's a miss, but every so often I get lucky and it opens. I can open task manager and watch and the Launcher will start up and start building but then will suddenly disappear. It seems that the longer my computer is on, the lower the chance Creator will start up for me, so I put it into the startup menu. However, lately even that has a low probably of working. It's almost like it's tries to start but just doesn't completely engage. Any ideas on what I can do to have better luck starting it?

Comments

• JamesDJamesD Member, PRO Posts: 12

Hi,
    I'm relatively new to GS as well and have wasted a ton of time trying to work around the bugs or just creating something relatively simple. From what I've gathered from trying to figure out similar problems is that GS working off/on is an expectation. I kind of works when it wants to and there won't be any Win Creator updates with the online version to be released sometime next year... or two.

GS was crashing so much on Win that I quit messing with it hoping the web version would be better, but that has a lot of issues too and freezes all the time. I'm told to "refresh the page" when it happens. That's the "solution" I was given. Haven't figured out yet how to actually create something when it freezes, then I refresh and having to re-enter things.

It doesn't sound like everyone experiences the same online issues though, so I'm at a loss with that.

Please let me know if you find out anything, it would be great to actually give GS a shot.

I will note that there seems to be a handful of people here that are more helpful than GS.

Good luck!

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

@JamesD I have exclusively used GS on Windows for the last 3 years and have found it to be very stable. When there are issues they have often only affected Mac users, case in point right now regarding High Sierra. GS does what it says it does, its when you want addition functionality that you have to wait and wait a while. I honestly have no idea why it crashing on your device or why it wont open for @coupons.val but its been great for me within its own limitations