Collide and instant stop?

Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Member, PRO Posts: 302
edited December 2017 in Working with GS (Mac)

Ok, so I have an ARMY of actors moving 64 pixels every second left and right ect... doesn't matter.... when one of those army actors collides with my HERO actor, my HERO actor should move 64 pixels as well, left or right (whatever direction that ARMY actor was moving to)... the problem is that my HERO actor keeps gliding beyond those 64 pixels after it was bumped; I want him to stop instantly, after it is bumped 64 pixels... I played around with density and frictions ect... it doesn't work

Comments

• Cutscene EntertainmentCutscene Entertainment Member, PRO Posts: 138

Hey Gamer Arts,
    When you say your army actors move 64 pixels every second, do you mean to say they move incrementally? As in, every second they inch 64 inches to the right? Or are you saying that they are moving at a constant rate of 64 pixels per second? That makes a very big difference with collision physics.

• Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Member, PRO Posts: 302
    edited December 2017

Hi @Cutscene Entertainment , yes, Incrementally.

The ARMY of actors move simultaneously according to a game clock. Very much like the game Snake, if you see every box that makes up the snake moves in increments accoring to some game clock.

• Cutscene EntertainmentCutscene Entertainment Member, PRO Posts: 138

@Simple Gamer Arts said:
    Hi @Cutscene Entertainment , yes, Incrementally.

The ARMY of actors move simultaneously according to a game clock. Very much like the game Snake, if you see every box that makes up the snake moves in increments accoring to some game clock.

I really do hate to ask this, but it would be highly beneficial if you were to upload either your project or a screenshot of the code so that both I and any others on these forums can see your exact thinking process, edit the code, experiment perhaps, and find out what the issue is in a timely manner. Otherwise it may be hard to know just how to help you.