Mac Creator Release 1.25.84 is available (High Sierra Fix)

Comments

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited January 2018

@Armelline said:
    @adent42 Still stuck generating apps.

I have to say, I'm finding it hard to understand how one person's job (with lots of images) can cause everyone's job to be delayed by many hours? - Obviously I don't know the exact process used to build, but surely the publishing portal doesn't build 1 app at a time (maybe it does, but I'd always assumed it could handle multiple simultaneous requests to build given the size of the user base), and certainly not taking several hours (and holding up every other job / request) to do it if lots of images are in there? - I'm obviously missing something - no offence meant, but it just seems like it wasn't a problem before?...

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited January 2018

@Japster said:

@Armelline said:
    @adent42 Still stuck generating apps.

I have to say, I'm finding it hard to understand how one person's job (with lots of images) can cause everyone's job to be delayed by many hours? - Obviously I don't know the exact process used to build, but surely the publishing portal doesn't build 1 app at a time (maybe it does, but I'd always assumed it could handle multiple simultaneous requests to build given the size of the user base), and certainly not taking several hours (and holding up every other job / request) to do it if lots of images are in there? - I'm obviously missing something - no offence meant, but it just seems like it wasn't a problem before?...

I don't know GS's set up for sure or anything, but if the resources of the server are being overutilized, such as disk (HDD) usage is 100%, even if there is plenty of space on the HDD, the CPU usage is 10%, and plenty of ram left, the HDD will slow down all other jobs because they need some I/O too.

If you had 10x jobs with 100 images, that's still less then 1x job with 3,000 images to process. So one single job can be pretty killer.

Who knows though, could be some other bug.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465
    edited January 2018

I grabbed new version from the link. It installs fine. I open new GS and it tries to update. I let it and it shows this dialogue and aborts. Should I just not let it update? It seems GS thinks this is v84 and not v1.25.84 making v1.25.85 a previous version. Looks like sparkle updater.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    edited January 2018

@RowdyPants

Same issue here. :lol:

Update manually, the updater said the following:

Note: If you are on Mac OS X Sierra or newer, you should download the update directly from here:

http://releases.gamesalad.com/creator/1.25.85/GameSalad-Creator-1.25.85.dmg

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@pHghost Ah, thanks. Lazy me didn't even take time to look for the 85 direct link.

• Twisted WireTwisted Wire Member, PRO Posts: 13

@supafly129 said:
    -IAP's no longer work properly and hang in "processing" status

I'm getting the same issue.

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@Twisted Wire said:

@supafly129 said:

Yep. Also can you please check to see if the image from your Particles or Change Image behaviors are removed when you open an actor? I tried in a couple different projects with the new build and they just disappear with no rhyme or reason

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@supafly129 said:

@Twisted Wire said:

@supafly129 said:

Yep. Also can you please check to see if the image from your Particles or Change Image behaviors are removed when you open an actor? I tried in a couple different projects with the new build and they just disappear with no rhyme or reason

The bug has been around for a year??. It’s fixed in the new online tool. They will probably not bother fixing that in creator.

@Toque said:

@supafly129 said:

@Twisted Wire said:

@supafly129 said:

The bug has been around for a year??. It’s fixed in the new online tool. They will probably not bother fixing that in creator.

Build 1.25.80 works just fine, so this actually seems to be a new bug

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Sorry. Thought I read it’s been around for awhile. My apology.

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523

@supafly129 said:

@Twisted Wire said:

@supafly129 said:

Yep. Every. Time.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@supafly129 said:

@Toque said:

@supafly129 said:

@Twisted Wire said:

@supafly129 said:

The bug where images disappear from the Particles behaviour (and very occasionally from Change Image) has been around for at least a year, I have a project from 21 November 2016 where I rebuilt the whole project to sort the issue out (it worked for that project), and I'm pretty sure is was occurring prior to that.

@Socks said:

@supafly129 said:

@Toque said:

@supafly129 said:

@Twisted Wire said:

@supafly129 said:

The bug where images disappear from the Particles behaviour (and very occasionally from Change Image) has been around for at least a year, I have a project from 21 November 2016 where I rebuilt the whole project to sort the issue out (it worked for that project), and I'm pretty sure is was occurring prior to that.

Strange, I guess it became more apparent for me in these .84 and .85 builds. In older builds the particle images would only disappear if I dragged a new image into that specific actor, but now simply opening an actor will make it all disappear (except in 1.25.80)

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited January 2018

@supafly129 said:
    Strange, I guess it became more apparent for me in these .84 and .85 builds.

Yeah, it's never been consistent, it's always been an intermittent issue, it just seems to happen sometimes and other times you're just fine.

@supafly129 said:
    In older builds the particle images would only disappear if I dragged a new image into that specific actor, but now simply opening an actor will make it all disappear (except in 1.25.80)

When I came across it the issue would usually be triggered by opening an existing project (to find the particle image had disappeared). Sounds like there are a number of ways to trigger it.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited January 2018

@ForumNinja said:
    Notes:

If you are on Mac OS X Sierra or newer, you should download the update directly from here: http://releases.gamesalad.com/creator/1.25.84/GameSalad-Creator-1.25.84.dmg

This current release should fix updater issues for Sierra and High Sierra so you should be able to update through the tool itself instead of needing to download and install a fresh copy.

I think these guys used to sell used cars or insurance. They'd surely qualify as politicans. >:)

BTW, I saw this new thread before anyone had commented.

"Hallelujah!" , I cried. "My prayers have been answered."

As mentioned in another thread, my Apple Developer Membership was due for auto-renewal on Jan 6th over here (Aus), the 5th in the USA. I was almost out the door (of the GS realm), I just hadn't closed it yet... and on the brink of cancelling the Apple auto-renewal and my GS Pro membership.

But, this announcement gave me hope and made me pause. Apple rolled over the renewal just after midnight on the 4th! :/

I returned to this announcement next morning only to discover a string of new issues being experienced by many, with even more added since then. :s Bitten in the arse once again. :rage:

Also @Armelline 's thread Massive Publishing Problems: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/95950/massive-publishing-problems#latest

@pHghost 's comment today:

"This saddens me so much, what's happening. Really big game-breaking and developer-breaking issues, a new one almost every other week...
    I really want to stay and use GameSalad more. All the history, memories, great fun with it. But it's going downhill so badly."

Now I might as well stick around and watch the exodus as the farce continues until my GS subscription expires. :p

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

FYI, publishing should be good again.

The short, matter-of-fact nature of these 'updates' are quite disheartening. We've lost the enthusiasm.

For the last few months, everyone here has been complaining about a wide range of things BUT I believe we all agreed that @adent42 deserved recognition for his frequency and friendliness of his posts. It seems we've lost that, too.

• squirrel42squirrel42 Member, PRO Posts: 195

@Adrenaline A bit harsh?

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

@squirrel42 said:
    @Adrenaline A bit harsh?

Maybe

• CCBBCCBB Member, PRO Posts: 19

@adent42

Is IAP working?

Despite the teething troubles, I have found the new high sierra version (I have been using the pre-release version for several weeks) to be excellent. Keep up the good work!

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

@Adrenaline said:

@squirrel42 said:
    @Adrenaline A bit harsh?

Maybe

...maybe not...

(Hey, I felt the need to balance things up...)

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

@RowdyPants that was a flub on my part in defining versions and updates. Things should be fixed.

@Adrenaline If you're looking for a less "matter-of-fact" update, check here: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/95950/massive-publishing-problems#Comment_603545

• CCBBCCBB Member, PRO Posts: 19

@adent42 Are IAPs working (doesn't seem to on my latest build but might be me!)?

edited January 2018

@CCBB said:
    @adent42 Are IAPs working (doesn't seem to on my latest build but might be me!)?

Yup IAPs and Particle/Change Behavior images seem to be off more than usual. I think the GS staff is aware though

@adent42 said:
    @Adrenaline If you're looking for a less "matter-of-fact" update, check here: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/95950/massive-publishing-problems#Comment_603545

Touché

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554
    edited January 2018

@CCBB @supafly129 I was able to test IAP's and they appear to be working in the project that I've got on my end.

Can you guys PM me a link to the portfolio page for your projects that are having issues so I can run some more targeted tests?

Update: @supafly129 sent me a copy of his project and the in app purchases were working correctly for me when I tested through Test Flight. My hunch is that this issue is specific to ad hoc on iOS 11 devices: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/87791

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

@adent42 Whatever you did, I like it. Publishing is noticably faster now (than before the issues). Guess I should have been unticking RI for years!

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@Armelline said:
    However, odd things are happening with tables. It seems like, in preview, tables will sometimes "stick" with their changed value, even after you try to change the value again, and even after exiting and re-entering preview.

@adent42, @ForumNinja

please provide an update for this issue as it makes testing virtually impossible.