GameSalad

Where can I download GameSalad Creator 2.0?

WeiyuWeiyu Posts: 183Member, PRO
edited January 7 in Working with GS (Mac)

Hello everybody!
A few minutes before, I've watched a video about GameSalad Creator 2.0.
I fell so cool.

https://youtu.be/j_o8HxSZxUE

But I have no idea where can I download GameSalad Creator 2.0?
Could someone tell me where can I download GameSalad Creator 2.0.
Thank you! :)

Comments

  • Two.ETwo.E Posts: 396Member, BASIC

    https://creator.gamesalad.com

    You can not download it. Its an Online Only version. Simply log in.

    Best,

  • WeiyuWeiyu Posts: 183Member, PRO

    @Two.E said:
    https://creator.gamesalad.com

    You can not download it. Its an Online Only version. Simply log in.

    Best,

    Oh! This is awesome!
    Thank you for your help!

  • pHghostpHghost London, UKPosts: 2,221Member

    Beware though, it’s still in early Beta, with lots of issues, wouldn’t use it for anything more than testing for now.

  • Two.ETwo.E Posts: 396Member, BASIC

    @pHghost I don't think that's true. It was in Beta when everyone who wanted to use it had to sign an NDA. That's no longer the case, and it is not listed as Beta release.

    This is the product. Its been used in schools, it is being used by members of the community.

    Can you list a whole lot of issues you are finding? There are literally fixes happening all the time. It works in safari now. Concerns about design were fixed.

    I believe almost all behaviours that are in the Mac version have been added in. It's really shaping up to be a good product, and is really doing a good job on showcasing how quickly things can be added/fixed.

    The Publishing issues at the moment is another issue all together.

    Best,
    Two.E

  • smurftedsmurfted Posts: 476Member, PRO

    I do like how it warns about errors...

  • smurftedsmurfted Posts: 476Member, PRO

  • JapsterJapster Posts: 472Member, PRO
    edited January 7

    @Two.E said:
    @pHghost I don't think that's true. It was in Beta when everyone who wanted to use it had to sign an NDA. That's no longer the case, and it is not listed as Beta release.

    This is the product. Its been used in schools, it is being used by members of the community.

    Can you list a whole lot of issues you are finding? There are literally fixes happening all the time. It works in safari now. Concerns about design were fixed.

    I believe almost all behaviours that are in the Mac version have been added in. It's really shaping up to be a good product, and is really doing a good job on showcasing how quickly things can be added/fixed.

    The Publishing issues at the moment is another issue all together.

    Best,
    Two.E

    @Two.E - I think @pHghost is referring to the current STATE of it mate, it might not be a Beta in name anymore, but it really isn't a finished product... - yes, it's probably okay to have a play with and test game ideas out etc, and is accepted and being used in schools ONLY because ie. a teacher is probably more interested in students learning how to make games, than them actually creating marketable, ground-breaking, ad-supported, published games (hence it's more accepted in its current state of usability, in that environment), but when I tested a couple of my projects on it, there were many issues - things like my camera not behaving correctly on large scenes, objects dropping through the floor (always worked fine on Mac, devices, etc)... Then there's the (still) clunky UI, and oh yeah, the performance - hardly smooth/real-time on a more ambitious game... :frowning:

    Obviously, some of these will have been fixed now, and yep, for playing around with game ideas I'd probably agree that it's 'usable', but I think if the OP is looking at making a game for anything other than just a hobby/learning experience, then @pHghost's advice is fair, and not a 'bash'....

    Of course, assuming 2.0 is ever complete and working properly, I will add that yes, time spent learning by using the web version won't be wasted, but you can argue that (once they're working again too, sigh...) it would be a much less frustrating, and much faster learning experience just using one of the desktop versions...

    Just my four'penn'eth, as I'd hate you guys to come to loggerheads over GS... :wink:

  • smurftedsmurfted Posts: 476Member, PRO

    Same team buddy...

  • pHghostpHghost London, UKPosts: 2,221Member
    edited January 7

    @Japster said:
    I think @pHghost is referring to the current STATE of it

    Yeah, that’s exactly what I meant.

    I don’t care whether they call it Beta or not, and I am aware that it’s getting better gradually, but for anyone about to start with GS right now, I’d still point them to the desktop version first, despite all the bugs in that one.

    A lot of the logic is shared, so they’d be able to learn on the desktop version, and translate that knowledge to Web later, if they choose, but have access to all the old tutorials and also have a better chance to get some good advice on things from the old timers here.

    Personally I have a weird issue with Web at the moment; it doesn’t work at all. Once I open a project, it is impossible to press any of the buttons, they don’t react to clicks and display a crossed out circle on hover. :(

    Have this problem in both Safari and Chrome. And still no icons in Safari for me.

  • smurftedsmurfted Posts: 476Member, PRO

    So Alpha then, not even Beta...

  • ToqueToque Posts: 1,127Member, PRO

    @Two.E said:

    Hmm. It is getting better. Runs on safari. Moving rules is easier. Font seems easier to read. (could just be my new monitor?) At least a few things off my list! Im really hoping the dark mode will improve readability. It remembers closed rules state. The triangle collapse indicator is still 1 mm square. Doesn't remember preview run settings.... But yeah its better. Im hoping it will come around a bit more!

Sign In or Register to comment.