Android App has a white icon on android phones

Hi everyone,
I just posted a game for IOS and Android. The iOS app works perfectly and has an icon on the phone. The android version works, but after its downloaded, its just a white box. I did upload an image because of Xcode 9 now, you have to have an image there or it won't upload. I have read through some of the forums about this, but haven't seen a solution. Has anyone had this issue and fixed it?
Thank you!

Comments

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465
    edited January 2018

@terryminton I'm guessing you added the correct 1024x1024 size. Sometimes it can take several hours or even a day or two for your app assets to propagate around to the store servers.

• terrymintonterryminton Member, PRO Posts: 3

I did add the correct image on the publishing page of Gamesalad, but I didn't see anywhere to put an app icon on the console for google.

• ycliewycliew Member Posts: 1

hi, i also have the same problem. any idea what happened? thanks

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

did you add the icon image (512x512) to store presence > store listing section of google play console?

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458
    edited October 2018

Are you guys talking about the launcher icon?

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

@Twayne2 said:
    Are you guys talking about the launcher icon?

i assumed terry was talking about the app icon that sits on your phone/tablet screen. on the gs publish screen it goes missing if you leave and come back, and on google play you need to add it on the screen presence>store listing portion i think. doesn't just automatically go through with the app like it does with ios apps if you've added it at the publish stage.

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458

App icon meaning launcher icon? A launcher icon is the little pic. of your game on the gome sceen.