Question regarding COLLISIONS

If you have a long list of individual collisions is there a way to consolidate them all and maybe help optimize your game?

Comments

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

If you have a main actor that collides with various things, and you want to consolidate the conditions on the rules you can do that. For this you can do a collides with actor with "tag" instead of collides with actor type.

On the home pane you can click on tags and create one for collisions, and drag in all collision actors there.

Although i'm not sure how much more efficient this is, since i'd imagine the actor still has to check the list of actors in the tag for collisions.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

Thank you. I've neglected to use TAGS. Def keeps everything cleaner at least!> @AlchimiaStudios said:

If you have a main actor that collides with various things, and you want to consolidate the conditions on the rules you can do that. For this you can do a collides with actor with "tag" instead of collides with actor type.

On the home pane you can click on tags and create one for collisions, and drag in all collision actors there.

Although i'm not sure how much more efficient this is, since i'd imagine the actor still has to check the list of actors in the tag for collisions.