Can anyone tell what is causing this issue??

I have a short introductory animation at start of level and everything works fine. The problem is that when my main actor dies, the image from my animation shows up (enlarged and static). The game works fine otherwise and restarts as supposed to but I don't want that image to pop up every time the actor dies. Can you tell why this might be happening??

Comments

• Cutscene EntertainmentCutscene Entertainment Member, PRO Posts: 138

I really hate to say this, but we can best help you if you upload the game file.
    Based on the image, everything SHOULD be working fine, so this would require closer inspection. The problem may not even be in that actor.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

What is the name of the actor that you posted the rules from? Is it INKY or something else?

What happens if you take the Animate behavior out of the Timer (and delete the Timer)?

"Dies" doesn't actually mean anything in the context of GameSalad... it could mean that game.Lives is 0 or that the actor left the scene boundary or a bunch of other things. Are you referring to when it is Destroyed (via the behavior)?

I agree that there are other rules we can't see that are affecting this issue.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

good lord! i spent all day on this issue to realize that i had accidentally dropped an image file directly on the map and it was messing up an animated layer. that was not fun : /