Problem importing tables

scottwoodscottwood Member, PRO Posts: 68

Gamesalad is not importing my table of data. The table comes from an edited version of one that was exported from Gamesalad and edited in excel (saved as a CSV).
I'm not using any symbols or characters other than letters, but Gamesalad does not respond at all.

Any ideas what the problem might be or how to import fifty rows of six columns without copying and pasting cell by cell.

Comments

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@scottwood said:
    Gamesalad is not importing my table of data. The table comes from an edited version of one that was exported from Gamesalad and edited in excel (saved as a CSV).
    I'm not using any symbols or characters other than letters, but Gamesalad does not respond at all.

Any ideas what the problem might be or how to import fifty rows of six columns without copying and pasting cell by cell.

Have you tried clearing the formatting of the table before import? even if symbols aren't visible there is still sometimes formatting issues that will cause this.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• scottwoodscottwood Member, PRO Posts: 68

Thanks for the tip @AlchimiaStudios . I added no formatting to the excel file, but copying from another location added some quotation marks that were not shown in excel, once that was stripped out all was fine.