How to keep actors only on scene layers?

Hi guys,
I'm having a problem when creating my game, that I have created too many actors, some of them are pure graphic holders, which have no other function. I was wondering if there is a way to remove them from actor field but only store them on scene layers.

Also, my game is a vertical arcade game, which the scene size is 320 x 6000+.

I have designed a hand drawn background for it, but when I import it into GS, it's immediately resized, and the quality is lost. does anyone know what is the best way to keep the original quality of a graphic?

Cheers!

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

Not sure what you're asking with your first question. I don't think so, if I'm understanding it right.

Regarding your second question, you need to chop your image up into smaller chunks and add it one chunk at a time. You won't be able to tell it's be made up of multiple segments if you position them right, and GS won't resize the smaller images.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

The only way you can semi-organize actors is to tag them and use the home view to quickly find and make edits. At least that I know.

You could also make one master actor and then unlock that on each scene to add individual logic, freeing up some space in the actor field. But if you do this, you'll need to be careful about bad logic belonging to only the unlocked actor. So it can be messy in it's own right doing this way.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• honeymimi56honeymimi56 Member, PRO Posts: 24

Thanks both.
    Yes, it seems set up one prototype actor and unlock instance actors is the way to keep actor field less crowded. I won't set any rule for the instance actors, just use them as place holders for graphic purpose.