Problems with IAP validation

bkhoward2001bkhoward2001 Member, PRO Posts: 86

I am getting the following problem from apple review:

When validating receipts on your server, your server needs to be able to handle a production-signed app getting its receipts from Apple’s test environment. The recommended approach is for your production server to always validate receipts against the production App Store first. If validation fails with the error code “Sandbox receipt used in production,” you should validate against the test environment instead.

Not understanding how to fix? Can someone help me?

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

If it's the experimental build, it's something I might need to look into, but shouldn't normally be a problem. We check the provisioning profile to see which server to hit.

So first off, may sue you submitted a build signed for store deployment and not a developer profile.

If it's still a problem, PM me with the publishing portfolio link you're using and which version you're publishing with (or better yet, do the same into the blue chat box on the bottom left.

• bkhoward2001bkhoward2001 Member, PRO Posts: 86

I guess I am trying to understand the correct process... Should I have used the experimental build? If so, do I then rebuild with the normal build for actual deployment? I don't understand. It was signed with the App Store provisioning profile....

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

So the experimental build will be to "normal" build as of tomorrow unless we find any problems with it.

It was only put behind the 'experimental' moniker until the community was able to give it a test run and make sure there were no problems with it. As of now, the major issues have been addressed and it will become the 'real' build shortly.

If you used the experimental build and found problems, I might need to double check some code (I'll do that tomorrow anyway before launching, but I'm pretty sure I didn't touch that bit of code).

And if you signed with the App Store provisioning profile, you did things correctly.

Yes, I did regular build with the app store provisioning and got the following from apple:

When validating receipts on your server, your server needs to be able to handle a production-signed app getting its receipts from Apple’s test environment. The recommended approach is for your production server to always validate receipts against the production App Store first. If validation fails with the error code “Sandbox receipt used in production,” you should validate against the test environment instead.

Anyone? I am not sure what I am suppose to do here since I believe all of this is controlled from within the Gamesalad code?

PM me a link to your signed app/IPA and I'll take a look. The code I was worried about hasn't changed (I was thinking of removing it but reconsidered), so all should be good. Which URL you use is based on your provisioning profile. I want to make sure:

1) We're doing the right check.
    2) What you expect to be in the file is in the file.

Just sent you a link to the dropbox file.... Also all of the code for IAP is in the UnlockBenefits scene.