Slow down time

Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Member, PRO Posts: 302
edited May 2018 in Working with GS (Mac)

Ok, so I have a platform runner game; I want to create easy and hard mode,,, EASY being that all actors move a little slower and HARD being the opposite.

Is there a way to slow down the time so that everything is slowed down at the same time V.S. me going through hours of calculations for all actors to slow down at the same pace?

Thank you!

P.S. I tried CHANGE: scene.Time to scene.Time-1.... -50.... -100... all them and nothing happened... then I tried it with game.Time and nothing happened as well...

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Silly rabbit, you can't slow down time...

Or can you?

While there isn't a way to change game.Time or scene.Time or self.Time, you can use a speed attribute that you then alter when needed. For example, a Move behavior with the speed set to game.speed. If all actors that move use that attribute, you can then change its value once to affect all actors.

I suspect from your description that you already thought of that and it's very possible this is one of those times you'll be banging your head against a wall saying, "Why didn't I think of that BEFORE I made all these @#(%*^@(&;#% actors and rules?!" But next time... next time you will. And then you have this amazing game with easily customizable speed.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Member, PRO Posts: 302

Thanks @tatiang ; yea, I'll be banging my head on this one. I was trying to avoid the painful tedious task of syncing all speeds to the master speed by multiplication but I guess we live and learn. Next time, as you say!

My goodness, an adjustable SCENE.TIME would have been the easy fix :(