Serious Issue

NerdinaNutshellNerdinaNutshell Member Posts: 20

I recently tried to change some of the controls for my game, when I soon realized that even if I had up set as the button for jump the actor would only when space is pressed. Not unrelated, I had resized the player to be smaller and changed it's speed to be slower when I tried to change it again nothing would change. I'm really kind of getting bothered by all the small little errors and missing features (such as a snapping tool or even an undo button (apparently these have been requested for years now) in Gamesalad and I'm starting to become on the fence on paying the monthly fee for it. heres the game file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15OKwbqXLlg2RAyPk8Zn42UXP7dd2QrBz/view?usp=sharing

Comments

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited June 2018

@NerdinaNutshell said:
    I recently tried to change some of the controls for my game, when I soon realized that even if I had up set as the button for jump the actor would only when space is pressed. Not unrelated, I had resized the player to be smaller and changed it's speed to be slower when I tried to change it again nothing would change. I'm really kind of getting bothered by all the small little errors and missing features (such as a snapping tool or even an undo button (apparently these have been requested for years now) in Gamesalad and I'm starting to become on the fence on paying the monthly fee for it. heres the game file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15OKwbqXLlg2RAyPk8Zn42UXP7dd2QrBz/view?usp=sharing

I've taken a look at your project mate - Snapping and undo, yeah, we'd like them, but given the problems recently, I'm just happy to have the damned thing working(ish!) again... ..and in fairness, some of the above isn't GS's fault, I honestly think you might have been editing the prototype, not your (currently) unlocked actor - I can see two different sets of behaviours in each, each with their own problems... :wink:

...I'd steer clear of unlocking stuff if you can, for this very reason!... (ie. you click on the actor in the list, you edit the prototype (probably not what you wanted to do if you've unlocked this actor in the scene) - ie. you click on the one in your scene, and it's unlocked already, so you'll directly edit that actors behaviours, but if you edit the protoype, then nothing will change for the unlocked actor in your scene, with it's own set of behaviours - it can get very confusing...

I'd just set game attributes where you can, to avoid unlocking actors unless absolutely necessary... :smile:

Not related to the above, but also just also be wary that if there's anything wrong with the expression logic in a behaviour, GS won't generally crash or complain, it'll normally just behave really weirdly... :frowning: I've seen very strange things, but generally they've been down to me, or bad data / missing brackets etc... just saying, always worth checking those out too, before getting really peed off like I have in the past... :wink:

I'll upload the modified project or email it to you if you drop me your address in PM, later on today - gotta get some shut-eye now... :dizzy: