GameSalad Publishing Binaries (RC & Current) - Updated 2020-07-06

Comments

• kdhjr23kdhjr23 Member, PRO Posts: 43

Same Here stuck on generating

• NKBDLNKBDL Member, PRO Posts: 100

This is depressing.. no help no nothing... :(

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

We've fixed the issue.

• A4G.dev02A4G.dev02 Member Posts: 1

Vibration permission is not working,
    also ADmob setting seems to be messed up, the Interstitial ads is a video rewarded one...
    Can you check please?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

@A4G.dev02 can you PM me your game's publishing link? Thanks.

• hirobagameshirobagames Member, PRO Posts: 15

Google says we must provide 64 bit version for all our apps before August 1.
    What should we do about it ?

Also while publishing i cant check admob and chartboost mediate box for android publishing.

Thank you.

@hirobagames to answer your question, we're working on it. I'm hoping to have this all wrapped up knock on wood before the end of the week. I'm not sure about your checkbox issues, but the support team should be able to help (blue chat on the bottom right).

• hirobagameshirobagames Member, PRO Posts: 15

Thank you @adent42

• BrianDean1002BrianDean1002 Member, PRO Posts: 3

SDK 28 not available yet in Gamesalad, im publishing my game as RC (its on the stores) but the automatic updates don't work - Any help on this?

@BrianDean1002 could you PM me with more details about "automatic updates don't work"?

Check the top post:

RC (2019-10-14)
    Android: No change since 2019-08-02.

Minimum API / SDK version is 21. Target is 28.
    64-bit only.
    Supports IronSrc
    iOS:

IronSource support for same networks as Android version.
    Upgrade of AdMob, Chartboost, and Tapdaq SDKs to latest versions.
    Upgrade of internal OpenURL view to use WKWebView instead of UIWebKit
    Removal of legacy TweetSheet library support. There will be a publishing toggle that will let users either choose to use the iOS Sharing interface or to open the Twitter app / twitter.com directly.
    Updated to use CoreMotion for accelerometer, accelerometers now updates faster / is more sensitive.
    Misc updates to remove use of deprecated APIs.

ALSO
    In a bit of laziness on my part. The checkboxes for iOS IronSource don't do anything. Those networks are compiled into the iOS version, unlike the Android version where I can remove them. They're mostly there to remind you what networks are available. I will fix that shortly.

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

@adent42 I'm noticing double the scene loading time in RC builds, is there a way around this?

Hmm... there was no change there so I'm not sure what's up. I assume you mean iOS, but please confirm. Also, could you PM me your portfolio link, that will help save me the time of making a project that has long load times to profile with.

I suspect it has to do with the transition to all 64-bit vs how our lua runtime works, so I'll need to take look. It may be unavoidable in the short term, but I did promote the old iOS RC to mainline, so you can fallback on that if need be.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

Last night I had issues publishing to iOS - RC threw up several red errors when uploading to Apple, which I forgot to screenshot, and normal Generate threw up this one:

I tried Android publishing the day before and it wouldn't even generate.

@Armelline That's expected. With the new RC the arm64 thing will be true. The old build still has 32-bit code.

For everyone, we found a major bug with table loading that we're compiling a fix to, we'll keep you posted.

• AshumBesherAshumBesher Member, PRO Posts: 121

@adent42 Is the table loading bug you mentioned the one I've been having where it makes the app freeze on scene changes after updating?

@AshumBesher possibly. I haven't looked specifically at your case but I did look a another project and found an issue where the app doesn't seem to load (it gets stuck on the loading screen). I don't think that's the issue because you are already in the game, but give it a shot. I'm about to look at my PMs to handle issues in a bit.

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203

@adent42 I tried the new RC build on one of my games for Iphone XR. The first scene checks some dimensions and then changes scene quickly. It hangs on the first scene and crashes. Building with new "normal" version does not.

@adent42 said:
    @Armelline That's expected. With the new RC the arm64 thing will be true. The old build still has 32-bit code.

I use GameSalad made games in an educational context with older iPads that don't support 64bit. Will 32bit continue to be supported or is it being replaced?

edited October 2019

@adent42 - It's actually a bigger problem than I thought. I need to run games on iPads running an older version of iOS than 12. I literally cannot publish a version that will work now. Any chance we can get the option to set the minimum OS to something lower? They're iPad 2s with 9.3.5.

This change essentially removes our ability to use GameSalad in the future. They're just games made for class use which aren't necessarily on the app store.

@Armelline Once I stabilize this iOS build I can look into it, but it's not going to be something long-term.

Apple really pushes it's developers hard to upgrade. The change was driven by requirements of the Apple App Store. If we don't do that upgrade, people can't submit their games to the store.

I don't think we use anything iOS 12 specific, so I can try compiling down to 9.x for a special builds, but as soon as it's beyond a simple re-compile, we won't be able to support older versions.

@vafurlogi can you PM a publishing portfolio link to your game? Thanks.

@adent42 said:
    I don't think we use anything iOS 12 specific, so I can try compiling down to 9.x for a special builds, but as soon as it's beyond a simple re-compile, we won't be able to support older versions.

Completely understand that it's something inevitable, but if we can support the lower systems, even if just for local builds, that would be fantastic. Literally the only thing standing in the way right now seems to be the iOS 12 requirement - Apple throw up an error if there's a 32bit version included but they do put it on TestFlight, so we'd still be able to load it easily onto the iPads. Thanks for whatever you can do!

• rico240rico240 Member, PRO Posts: 32

Getting the same error as listed above. Wondering, if we would have trouble submitting for review with that error

• rico240rico240 Member, PRO Posts: 32

Used BUILD RC with Xcode 11.1 & 11.2 beta with Application loader from Xcode 10, the 32bit error listed above seems to have gone away for me. When using normal generate it stays. Make sure when you are signing the app that you have the newest version of Xcode that you use in the actual applications folder/section on your mac, and that it is titled "Xcode" and then delete any older versions of xcode. This seemed to be my problem when getting a toolerror from gamesalad itself.

@rico240 If it doesn't break anything, you should use the RC at this point as it's using the newest stuff. It's still RC because we have a few ad related bugs to iron out. The 32-bit error goes away because the regular build still has 32-bit support, while the new iOS builds are 64-bit only (as per the OS version supported and the devices supported by that OS version.

Also, new RC out. It fixes a minor timing issue with interstitial ads.

It also removed forced test mode.

To explain, GameSalad would assume your game was in test mode if you used a developer profile to sign your game. That was two fold, to ensure users weren't abusing ad network with test apps, and to make it possible to have games in test mode at all.

We changed our approached with this RC. We now have a switch in the Admob config that will let you toggle Admob test mode for any build. Basically if you check the box, it will enable Admob to send test ads. Unchecking it will attempt to request live ads from admob.

• badcomicsbadcomics Member, PRO Posts: 30

Is there still an Admob issue with iOS? My build from 5 days ago shows no ads?

There shouldn't be. You can now try it out by putting your app in Test Mode manually (the above referenced RC) and try it out. If you're getting ads in test mode, than it's an inventory issue. If you're not, then it's another issue and you should PM me your project to debug.

More Admob fixes pushed. Check the notes at the top of the thread!