How do you display AppFormative LEADERBOARD?

Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Member, PRO Posts: 302
edited July 2018 in Working with GS (Mac)

So I've paid for AppFormative's single Leaderboard service; I got it working perfectly... I just want to display the actual leaderboard on my game... AppFormative's explanation is extremely vague.

So my question is how can I display my AppFormative's LEADERBOARD in my game?

P.S. Thank you AppFormative for offering your service, I appreciate it :) but geeeez...

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Since AppFormative is a third-party product, I'm not sure how much support you'll get here on the GameSalad forums. But you may want to contact @Hopscotch for help with that. He's generally very responsive.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

So my question is how can I display my AppFormative's LEADERBOARD in my game?

Simply use a "Display Text" Behaviour pointing to the Leaderboard Table starting on Row 2 (Row 2 will be your Top Scorer, follow by 3,4,5 etc). Column 2 contains the score and column 1 contains the username of the player.

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

Thank you for responding for me @tatiang and @gingagaming :)

@Simple Gamer Arts , @gingagaming is pointing you in the right direction.

The reason why you may find the explanation of displaying the table "vague", is because that is all dependent on your implementation in your game, and totally in your hands.

Opposed to a fixed style leader-board as displayed by iTunes or Google, here you are able to integrate the leader-board right into your game, matching its look and feel.

AppFormative gives you the table of values, and you use GS behaviors to display it, as you would display any other table values. There are many different examples here on the forum, showing how to list the contents of a table.

But if you are still stuck, let me know.

• Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Member, PRO Posts: 302

Hi @tatiang @gingagaming @Hopscotch and thank you all for the help/push. (I was a bit MIA this weekend)

Yea I tried doing that, "displaying my leaderboard table starting on row 2 ect...", but nothing is shown; I tried displaying other normal tables without a network function and they displayed just fine, so I'm thinking that the "get table from URL" behaviour is not functioning/set up properly, on my end. I'll have to look into that. I'm getting help from Armelline later and will explain here on the forum when it's resolved.

Thanks y'all :)