Appstore rejected because of 3.1.1 (Restore In-Apps?)

I'm submitting an app and I have a perfectly working in-app restore button. However the reviewer rejected my app on the basis that I need an optional account feature to restore the in-app, like iCloud or Gamecenter. Has anyone ever experienced this while submitting an app? Does anyone know how to implement this? I've published more than a dozen games and I've never encountered this before. Thank you

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

Apple have recently(ish) started asking games to allow the restoring of consumable IAPs - or at least anything you buy with them. So if you sell "wheels" which you then use to buy cars in your game, they want the cars you buy to be restorable. I assume that's what they're asking for? This can be got around in GameSalad by having them buy the wheels as IAPs, and then having the wheels unlock "Get" buttons for each car. These get buttons are then free, non-consumable IAPs. These can be easily restored with the IAP restore button. Apple have accepted this implementation for me in the past, but I have no idea if they do still. It's been at least 6 months since I've tried this.

• GamepencilerGamepenciler Artist/Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 326

It's a requirement to have a restore purchase usually at the main screen of your game so that people who uninstalled can repurchase lost non-consumable items.

Artist/Game Developer / Animator at your service..