Retry button (help)

so when i lose , my game changes scene (gameover scene) and in that scene it has a retry button , when i click it i want it to reset the previous scene so i can play again , so how do i do it ?

Comments

• mikejamesfishermikejamesfisher Member Posts: 88

In retry button actor... creat rule- when actor receives event- touch- pressed—change scene to (name of scene).

I wonder how you got this far though without doing those rules to get to the gameover scene so does that help or am i missing something?

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Something to consider is that the Reset Scene and Change Scene behaviors do not reset game attribute values. For those, you'll need to manually reset the values with a series of change attribute behaviors. Or, you could use a table and save yourself some agony since it's possible to copy a table to a backup table and then copy it back to reset the game.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• mikejamesfishermikejamesfisher Member Posts: 88

How true it is. And if you(i) forget to change attribute back , everything comes tumbling down. So in my actor’s death, i have a running list of change attributes. I wish i had learned tables a long time ago. Now im in too deep on my game. Maybe next project. (If i ever finish this one)

• GamepencilerGamepenciler Artist/Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 326

just use change scene attribute to the game. Also add reset attributes in the retry button before change scene like putting back full life.

Artist/Game Developer / Animator at your service..