New iOS game - Taco Bob

bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

hi all
i've been a member working on my first game for a while now, and finally got around to publishing the first 30 levels in recent weeks.
if any of you have the time, would you mind downloading and providing me with some feedback please? would appreciate it greatly.
taco bob is available for free on apple.

Comments

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@bob loblaw Throw us a link to the game page on the store!

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

hi rowdtpants.
    it’s:
    https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/taco-bob/id1411337310?mt=8

there’s an update on its way right now as there was a few things that needed tweaking.

thanks heaps. i appreciate it.

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@bob loblaw Hi, I played the new Taco Bob. Functionally, it's well done - great job! The buttons are responsive. The menus are intuitive. The music and sound effects are fitting. I think the gameplay could do with faster jumping. I want the character to fall quicker so I can move on through the stage. I would also recommend holding off on the ads until the game gets going a bit. On initial launch, I saw one second of the main menu then right away an ad covered the screen. On average, when this happens in games I immediately delete the game. Let your players get into the game and give them a reason to keep playing before they're shown any kind of annoying ad that will most likely lead them to stop playing. Other than ads and faster movement Taco Bob is great first launch. Good developing!

thank you. i appreciate that.
    not sure if it’s too late to change the movement as the player speeds and distances between platforms is all codependent, but i’ll have a look.
    i will do something about the ad between the crediting splash and main menu screens though. maybe replace that with a fail level counter so when player fails a level five times, or something like that, an ad pops up then. will have a look tonight.
    thanks again.

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 523

downloaded! I will play it tonight :)
    good luck!

so i've changed it to just use a banner ad on the bottom of the main splash screen. my admob account has been suspended because they reckon i have been clicking my own ads (bs, as i had test ads on my ad hoc builds on my devices). all i can think is that the test builds i did for android that i asked half a dozen or so friends to test for me were counted as invalid clicks, so anyway, there shouldn't be any ads on there for now.

would still appreciate more feedback if people are willing to provide please.

taco bob is now also available on google play for free (should have a banner ad on the home screen but i've been suspended until 21 sept for clicking what i thought was a test ad on my android test build). would really appreciate some feedback from android users as well please, as i had a pain in the backside sorting out screen sizes for android platforms on overscan and would like to know if it worked.

i think i have it right. if i have, i will look to share a landscape overscan demo template with all ios and all android screens i have compiled and rationalised.

peace.

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458

I will check it out.

edited August 2018
    edited August 2018

Couln't move. Didn't see a button for it and swiping did nothing. And no ads. Hope this helps.

edited August 2018

hmmm thanks for that. there should have been a joystick and jump button on the bottom.
    what device did you use? thought i got all the androids on my overscan.

android build resubmitted to cater for the two lower screen resolutions used on samsung s8 and s9. should come up right now.

• mikejamesfishermikejamesfisher Member, PRO Posts: 88

Now I understand why your law blog is under disrepair! Spending more time on games than law! Youve made a huge mistake.