Upload failed: you uploaded an APK signed with a certificate that expires too soon.

tobyjohnsonarttobyjohnsonart Member, PRO Posts: 15

Hey all, I am having trouble uploading my signed APK to the google Play Console. I keep getting this message:

Upload failed: You uploaded an APK or Android App Bundle signed with a certificate that expires too soon. You need to sign your APK or Android App Bundle with a certificate that expires farther into the future.

I have been searching for a solution to this problem for awhile now. Ive checked every thread I can find in the GameSalad forums, and they are either left unsolved, or the provided solution (change that validity to 200000 etc) does not work for me. I consider myself a beginner, so please bare with me! I'm not sure where I am going wrong. As I've stated, I have changed the validity range a couple times:from 2000 to 36000 to 999999.

possibly unrelated, but figure I'd give as much info as I can: When I create a keystore using Terminal, I get this warning:
Warning:
The JKS keystore uses a proprietary format. It is recommended to migrate to PKCS12 which is an industry standard format using "keytool..."
Doesn't seem to cause a problem, but I'm still a beginner, so what do I know? haha.
Any suggestions or solutions are much appreciated!
Thanks

Answers

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458

I didn't even use the terminal. :open_mouth:
    And now UltimatwRunner is live on Google Play. That whole second step seems useless to me. I ceeated the keystore via the GS Creator itself.

• tobyjohnsonarttobyjohnsonart Member, PRO Posts: 15

Can you elaborate on that? Wouldn’t that still keep the key store validity to the default of 1000?

edited August 2018

I honestly don't even know what that validity stuff even means. Not really. But what I do know is no problems so far. What do you think it means? Why do you assume the default of 1000 is bad?
    Edit: I was looking between the cookbook instructions, the Windows doesn't even involve the terminal it seems. :open_mouth:
    Double edit: The game is on the Google Play Store now though so I must have done something right. :smiley:

I did do everything on the PC though.

the validity is how long the certificate is good for, so 1000 is very far into the future. 1000 should be plenty far into the future, which is why im not sure why im getting the error message. glad yours worked out for you!

Thanks. I hope this can help you. It is a tutorial. Look at the really long post. :)
    https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/96745/android-tutorial#latest

thanks twayne2, unfortunately i am on a Mac, so the process is a little different

Really? No wonder the cookbooks are different. But how is it different?

On Mac, you have to generate a key store using terminal. That’s the biggest difference I can see

edited August 2018

Have you tried going into the creator and find tools? Then in sign apk press new?

Or in the keytool?

Thanks twayne2, there is no 'tools' menu on mac for some reason, nor is there a apk signer anywhere. there is a 'sign APK' button on the publishing page, but it still requires using the Terminal. Good news though is one of the GS reps is helping create a keystore from their side. Im using the exact command that is in the cookbook, but for some reason, it won't work. its funny cause uploading this build to Google play console has been harder than making the actual game haha . Ill keep this thread updated for solutions incase anyone else has this issue!

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

Wow really? Alright then now I know that the Windows way is way easier. Good luck. :)

@tobyjohnsonart have you sorted it out yet?

@tobyjohnsonart said:
    the validity is how long the certificate is good for, so 1000 is very far into the future. 1000 should be plenty far into the future, which is why im not sure why im getting the error message. glad yours worked out for you!

1000 days is three years. you need 10,000 days minimum (about 30 years).

Thanks Bob, I think when I wrote 1000 I meant to write 10000. I got it all sorted out now though!