SOS defense - finally ready!!! :)

CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 523

Hello everyone, after years of part-time work and for moments at full time, I have finished my first game and I would like to share it with you.
At the moment it is published in Apple and Amazon, soon it will also be in Google.

When I started, I was inspired by an example that I do not remember from where I got it (I would like to thank the author)... I never thought I would go that far. I want to thank all those who have helped me on this trip and especially those who during the testing helped me with their comments :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458

Looks interesting. Tell me when it comes out on Android please! :)

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

It was fun helping to test this on iOS. It's a clever implementation of tower defense and quite challenging. Best of luck!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

edited August 2018

I like how since we can't do normal tower defence games you made it ''physical''. Splendid. :)

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 523

@tatiang said:
    It was fun helping to test this on iOS. It's a clever implementation of tower defense and quite challenging. Best of luck!

Thank you! :)
    Some of your "orders" arrived on time, such as the call sign with "X" on Power Ups to be deselected. As well as that the wall can not be applied on the exit of the enemies ;) ... thank you!

@Twayne2 said:
    I like how since we can't do normal tower defence games you made it ''physical''. Splendid. :)

Hehe Thanks!
    For a long time I read in this forum that it was almost impossible to make a TD in GS, that was part of the fuse that turned me on :)
    I was attracted by the idea of doing something that was innovative and therefore I decided to do physical, I hope it is liked by people, because sometimes the new or different is no guarantee of anything, especially in a gender that has its rules well defined how are the TD.
    But to tell the truth, it would not be a major problem, over the work already done, to remove the physical component and that the enemies would follow predetermined trajectories ... even though it would be more of the same! and I should stand out with some other element, like the graphic, which is difficult because there are already excellent representatives of the genre, which also escape the possibilities of a solo developer :P

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

if it’s a free download i’ll take a test drive after work today and get back to you.

Hi @bob loblaw no, the game is not free ... it's from the old school! ;)
    Anyway, here are some promocodes so you can play it! :)

9JFM6KA39WER
    R9FHX7FRF4LX
    KFNXHRXM3YPM
    LNRH7XJW4TMK
    EEPWFEX4JEK4
    XKYK339LPNRJ
    KLXRLY7J6RTR
    LXTW7WYTRRT6
    FYWENWHXAKKX
    6TYJWFFK7PKK
    FMK6XMRFW3XM
    ERFANLKEMLRY
    X36FXYE34H4P
    MRFYW6J4FJJ4
    Y9KWW7J7PJTA
    T4FEKLYF443J
    K9Y7WTRN7EF6
    KXLPH7YWY4T6
    49E7L73RXYWH
    YLMTWJTTNT99

edited August 2018

"But to tell the truth, it would not be a major problem, over the work already done, to remove the physical component and that the enemies would follow predetermined trajectories ..."

The problem with a "real" tower defence game, is not the path, or the fact of shooting bullets, it is the problem of not having all of the turrets aim at the same game attribute. (X,Y of the enemy.) Are you going to have hundreds or thousands of attributes for each enemy, so the towers can aim at each enemy in order and not in other's ranges? I should hope not. It would be INCREDIBLE if Gamesalad let you access other actors' self.attributes. @adent42 Is this perhaps in the future?

edited August 2018

But doing something new is way better than competing vs the BTD series and the Kingdom Rush series. So good job on that. :) And how long until Android? I want to try it out hehe.

Hi, I want to tell you that SOS defense, apparently has been featured in several countries, I am from Uruguay, those who see it in their stores, I will be grateful to tell me or send a screenshot :)
    Thank you! :)

How does the firing work? Does the tower, no wait, the line thing does. Right?

I left a review on Android. Couln't give it a star rating though. Is it in open beta? It says unreleased.

@Twayne2 said:
    How does the firing work? Does the tower, no wait, the line thing does. Right?

Yes, the line does! :)

@Twayne2 said:
    I left a review on Android. Couln't give it a star rating though. Is it in open beta? It says unreleased.

Yes, I not released yet, maybe next week :)

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

Superb work @CasualEvolution. Wonderfully polished and a lot of fun! Hard though :D

edited August 2018

It has sone very nice parts indeed. Like the menu.

@Armelline said:
    Superb work @CasualEvolution. Wonderfully polished and a lot of fun! Hard though :D

I worked in these for years :open_mouth:
    Today publish an update, ver 1.0.8 I do some adjust in balance... apparently the game feels difficult for most users.

Please, let me know if it´s featured or not in your country

@Twayne2 said:
    It has sone very nice parts indeed. Like the menu.

Thanks, you said de home menu or the levels menu? :smile:

How you do to find in Google Play??? I have not released it yet ... you are a pirate boy? hehehe :pensive:

edited August 2018

The levels menu. I just searched Google Play and found it.... :lol:

edited August 2018

No update yet for the Google Play version, that I see.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Just bought it! :)

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

just got it from google play. i am in australia so it's available there.
    didn't see any ads on there (it says there's ads on the store).
    i have samsung galaxy tab a6. it seemed to work perfectly. you've done a really good job on that with the functionality, presentation, music and sfx.
    well done.

@Twayne2 said:
    No update yet for the Google Play version, that I see.

I´m waiting to launch to upload the last version :)

@tatiang said:
    Just bought it! :)

Thanks Tatian :)
    If you can play it, you will see that I made some changes regarding the testflight version that you tried :)

@bob loblaw said:
    just got it from google play. i am in australia so it's available there.
    didn't see any ads on there (it says there's ads on the store).
    i have samsung galaxy tab a6. it seemed to work perfectly. you've done a really good job on that with the functionality, presentation, music and sfx.
    well done.

I really do not know how it is available, should not ... but hey, I'm going to review what may be happening or if it's a problem of google play :smile:

In Android I'm thinking of doing 2 versions, one premium and one with ADs. I can ask you to look at the options menu and then enter in privacy, if the text has a couple of lines or if it has about 10? Thank you

@CasualEvolution said:
    I really do not know how it is available, should not ... but hey, I'm going to review what may be happening or if it's a problem of google play :smile:

In Android I'm thinking of doing 2 versions, one premium and one with ADs. I can ask you to look at the options menu and then enter in privacy, if the text has a couple of lines or if it has about 10? Thank you

the privacy policy goes over three lines and says: animalda (finke sa) does not collect or store personal data on your device

if i were you i would release just one free version with ads where the user has an option to buy the ad free version. if you have two versions, if someone wants to go from ads to ad free, they would lose their progress by buying the second version.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited August 2018

Congrats on the Apple feature. Saw it on my iPhone in US "new games we love" @CasualEvolution

Follow us: Twitter - Website

@AlchimiaStudios said:
    Congrats on the Apple feature. Saw it on my iPhone in US "new games we love" @CasualEvolution

Thanks!
    Where have you seen the feature? I'm checking which countries are highlighted. Thank you :)

@bob loblaw said:

@CasualEvolution said:

the privacy policy goes over three lines and says: animalda (finke sa) does not collect or store personal data on your device

if i were you i would release just one free version with ads where the user has an option to buy the ad free version. if you have two versions, if someone wants to go from ads to ad free, they would lose their progress by buying the second version.

I was planed do a premium version for all world and a free version only for China, since you can not sell in China on Android.

Hi all, I need your help :blush:

I just made a new update with a general rebalancing of the whole game on request of the users (in general, most perceive the game as very difficult) and some additional improvements too :)

I would like to take advantage of the 3 days of feature that remain, to change the image of the game, after this adjustment.
    For that reason, I wanted to ask you, if you could support me with positive qualifications and if you can leave a small review even better ... that would help me to revert the negative comments I received on the issue of difficulty in the first instance.

Thank you!

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@CasualEvolution said:

@AlchimiaStudios said:

Thanks!
    Where have you seen the feature? I'm checking which countries are highlighted. Thank you :)

It was in the USA app store. :)

Follow us: Twitter - Website

@AlchimiaStudios said:

@CasualEvolution said:

@AlchimiaStudios said:

Thanks!

It was in the USA app store. :)

Thanks! :)