keystore validity wont go more than 90 days..

Hey all, so Ive been having problems uploading my game to google play console. I get a message that says my APK certificate expires too soon, even if I change the validity to 1000000. I couldn't figure out what was going wrong, but after taking a closer look, I noticed that in Terminal it generates a certificate for 90 days( no matter what I change the validity to). Has anyone else had this problem and know how to overcome it?

command I input:

keytool -genkey -v -keystore *******-key.keystore
-alias ******-key -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

message I get back:
Generating 2,048 bit DSA key pair and self-signed certificate (SHA256withDSA) with a validity of 90 days.

As I've stated, no matter what I change the validity to, it still generates the certificate for 90 days.. :neutral:
I'm still pretty new to this so any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793
    edited August 2018

you’re doing better than me. i keep getting rsa errors when i do that keystore thing in terminal. ended up using a program called keystore explorer to get it done.

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

@tobyjohnsonart said:
    Hey all, so Ive been having problems uploading my game to google play console. I get a message that says my APK certificate expires too soon, even if I change the validity to 1000000. I couldn't figure out what was going wrong, but after taking a closer look, I noticed that in Terminal it generates a certificate for 90 days( no matter what I change the validity to). Has anyone else had this problem and know how to overcome it?

command I input:

keytool -genkey -v -keystore *******-key.keystore
    -alias ******-key -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

message I get back:
    Generating 2,048 bit DSA key pair and self-signed certificate (SHA256withDSA) with a validity of 90 days.

As I've stated, no matter what I change the validity to, it still generates the certificate for 90 days.. :neutral:
    I'm still pretty new to this so any input is appreciated. Thanks!

have you got this sorted out yet?
    like i said in my earlier post, i used keystore explorer (instructions how to use kse here) and it worked, instead of terminal. one thing i found out with some digging is that you need to set the minimum sdk to 18 in gs publishing to get your app on google play.

• tobyjohnsonarttobyjohnsonart Member, PRO Posts: 15

hey bob, i did finally solve this. I think what solved it for me was i took out the 'keysize 2048' . I know that's part of the command but it worked for me. I tried numerous different efforts but Im pretty sure this is the one that solved it. I also have the min SDK set to 26, and it it worked out fine. side note for anyone publishing to google play console If you opt in to google signing your app, you will get errors. You would have to download the upload certificate and include it with your APK, which I didnt know how to do, So i just started a new release and did NOT opt in to google app signing. Also, if you opt-in to google app signing, it is permanent! you can always opt-in later.