Jumping help!!

Ok i have on screen controls and I have a button for jumping, my problem is unless that button is held in the jump and animation is cut way short!! I want to work when pressed not held down! Help please?!

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited September 2018

If [button is pressed]
         Timer after 0 seconds [with Run to Completion CHECKED]
              Animate

To explain, Run to Completion forces behaviors (in this case, Animate) to complete regardless of the status of the rule condition.

Another way to do this:

If [button is pressed]
         Change attribute game.animate to true

If attribute game.animate is true
         Animate

If self.Image = [last frame of animation]
         Change attribute game.animate to false

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• crazymooseappscrazymooseapps Member, PRO Posts: 30

So would this code go under the button or under the player animation? Im assuming player animation?

But also it appears the height of the jump is tied to length of time button is held in, how to correct that?

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@crazymooseapps said:
    So would this code go under the button or under the player animation? Im assuming player animation?

If your button actor and player actor are separate, then make a game attribute of type boolean called game.animate and try this:

button actor
    If [button is pressed]
    Change attribute game.animate to true

player actor
    If attribute game.animate is true
    Animate

If self.Image = [last frame of animation]
    Change attribute game.animate to false

I'm not sure about the jump height. It depends how you have your rules set up.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

I appreciate the help! Worked like a charm! I will fogure out the height by messing around lol