GameSalad Viability / Alternative Suggestions?

Is GameSalad still a viable development solution?
It has been 21 days since I've received any response... definitely doesn't feel like "Pro Membership". I'm experiencing huge problems with my projects, with actors randomly breaking and no way of telling why or when they lose functionalities.
Does anyone have experience with other development platforms? If so, what development program would you recommend?
I've been a GameSalad user since 2014, and am extremely disappointed in the recent deterioration of the platform and abysmal lack of service and support; 3 weeks with no solution or response isn't how to treat a 4 year paying "pro" member. They could at least say "working on it" or something along those lines, but instead seem to be completely ignoring my pleas for help. :s :/ :'( :# :(

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

yeah i’ve occasionally had actors behaviours randomly not work. weird thing the other day, while doing an update/test, a self attribute i had set in about 10 instances to different values somehow all synchronised and i didn’t change them. was completely bizarre. had to go back and check every instance of that actor on 30 levels. was a pain in the arse.

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 523

Hi @rainwaterstudios I work with GS 1.25.80 which is very stable and when I have to export, I open the project at 1.25.94. This works for me and as a rule I do not change what works well :)
    In my experience, I can say that 99% of the problems I encounter, which in the first case I think are GS errors, end up being logical problems of my code.
    It is different, when you need some feature that GS does not have, in that case it is more difficult to wait until they add it, it depends on many things and leaves you waiting for others, which is not good.
    For this reason, what I do is take into account the limitations and possibilities of the engine and do the design with this in mind ... unless you have an idea that requires features that you do not have in GS, in that case you must move to another engine, which will also have its good and bad things.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

@rainwaterstudios Sorry about that. We recently lost a support person and your ticket didn't get transitioned properly. Someone will get back to you shortly.