Experienced Graphic Artist/Designer Looking For Some Paid Work

TouchTiltGamesTouchTiltGames Member Posts: 1,162
Hey, I'm working on my first game with Gamesalad - I'm nearly done and here are some art samples: http://touchtilt.com/

But lately I've been in search for some work on the side as summer has been slow. I've been a Graphic Artist/Designer working in Web, Broadcast TV and some games. I've worked on the TV show stargate doing graphics and have been offered a job at EA in the past as an interface designer.

So if there's any fellow Dev's out there in need of some graphic work, drop me a message. Here's my portfolio: http://www.shanewhitehouse.com/

I'm experienced in illustration, 3D (but not human character modelling), interface design and graphic arts in general. I was also working in Unity and back in 2005 I played a lot with the Source engine.

I've got other samples from games I started if you need to see more artwork. And I'm not looking to trade services, sorry! :)

Comments

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    I think the fear here, for many, is that someone of your caliber is going to cost a bomb to hire!

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• TouchTiltGamesTouchTiltGames Member Posts: 1,162
    Thanks QS.

Nah I need the work these days! But more importantly game design is my passion so I'm moving away from web work and hoping to do this full time. So I am flexible :)

With that said, I've spent 2 months working on assets for a Unity-based game with Dev that fell apart cause he was also working on his own game and wanted to spend all of his time on that. So I have all these great 3D assets for a unique sidescrolling game that I want to get made. The 3D assets would be rendered out into single frames of course...I'm thinking of just partnering with a fellow GS Dev, it'll be really dumbed down from the Unity ideas but I think it could still be very cool. Hmm..maybe I'll post about partnering with someone to get it made cause a lot of the assets are done!
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    Shizane said:
    Thanks QS.

Nah I need the work these days! But more importantly game design is my passion so I'm moving away from web work and hoping to do this full time. So I am flexible :)

With that said, I've spent 2 months working on assets for a Unity-based game with Dev that fell apart cause he was also working on his own game and wanted to spend all of his time on that. So I have all these great 3D assets for a unique sidescrolling game that I want to get made. The 3D assets would be rendered out into single frames of course...I'm thinking of just partnering with a fellow GS Dev, it'll be really dumbed down from the Unity ideas but I think it could still be very cool. Hmm..maybe I'll post about partnering with someone to get it made cause a lot of the assets are done!

Hmm sounds interesting, I'd like some more details. Maybe we could reach a mutually beneficial agreement. Selling the graphics, doing programming work etc.

chosenonestudios(at)yahoo.com
  • iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    Interesting. I shall keep this in mind when I learn some more CSS.
    @chosen: Yeah selling my work is cool, giving you the rights to them. As far as programming I can do xhtml/css, I'm no web developer but I do know front end dev.

@iDev: Cool thanks! CSS is pretty cool and powerful.
    Shizane said:
    @chosen: Yeah selling my work is cool, giving you the rights to them. As far as programming I can do xhtml/css, I'm no web developer but I do know front end dev.

Can I see what you've done and how much your willing to sell it for?
    Yeah read my first post here for experience. My folio is here: http://www.shanewhitehouse.com/

What would you be looking for more specifically? I have lots more offline...
    Shizane said:
    So I have all these great 3D assets for a unique sidescrolling game that I want to get made. The 3D assets would be rendered out into single frames of course...

I was talking about these assets.
    Ahh ok gotcha. No I would want to partner 50/50 with someone and build it :)
    Shizane said:
    Ahh ok gotcha. No I would want to partner 50/50 with someone and build it :)

Well I'm interested in that too. See above email.
  • DevilsDevils Member Posts: 561
    @Shizane I've been working on a game for a little over a year in a half now. It's a sidescrolling type game originally I was hoping to get it done in Xcode but that has been really hard especially since I could not find a programmer, after looking around I found this site. Ian has been working on some of the graphics for my game I recently also found a animator that will probably be doing the character animations we are currently working out a price. I also have another artist working with me as well he just joined me. If the price is right I think we could work something out. If you are interested in hearing some more information please e-mail me at darkmage733(at)hotmail dot com so I could send you an NDA. I also am talking with the owner of Cerulean Games, Inc. to see if they could help me as well they are using the Torque Engine so that would be awesome if they could help out.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Shizane, where do you live? (generally, not an address)
    Haha. I'm in Halifax, NS Canada..you?

(edit) Ah just saw on your page that you're in Kentucky.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Kentucky, USA. Our firm is actually in the market for help. We are in the process of figuring out exactly what skill set we need most right now, but the idea of farming out some design work is not out of the question. I'm not the boss, however, I'll bring it up at next staff meeting. I like your work.

Our website is a little out of date and out of date, but you can see what we do. I've been here for 21 years.

http://www.ksdweb.com (Kirby Stephens Design, Inc.)
    Ok cool thanks design219, what's your name? Noticed you're into photography too..that's cool.

So you're speaking of web-related work? If so I'm capable of design of course for all mediums, motion graphics, some 3D and xhtml/css, wordpress integration etc.

Oh and you can email me at shane(at)shanewhitehouse(dot)com

cheers!
    shane
    @Devils: I sent you an email

@chosenonestudios: Send me an email and we'll chat!
  • DevilsDevils Member Posts: 561
    @Shizane I just checked my e-mail I seen your e-mail sometime Monday I will send you the attachment so you could look over it. On weekends when I am off work I try to work on another little project so far it's looking great I hope to have some artwork of it up soon for you guys.
    Ok cool.