Street Fighter template

sketchysketchy Member Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hey everyone,

I'm more of a designer than a coder and I just downloaded GameSalad, which looks great for someone like me to make my own games. I was playing around with templates it comes with (which are great to get me started) and I was wondering if there was a way to implement a classic Street Fighter type game. There may be a way to create it with GameSalad, I haven't played around with it enough yet. But I thought it would be cool to have a template for it.

Anywho that's my thoughts, great software, looking forward to the final release! Especially with the iPhone exporter!

-Ryan

Comments

• SimonMWSimonMW Member Posts: 3
    I've been wondering about this myself. But it would require to be able to have multiple collision detection points on one sprite, and also the ability to devise enemy AI. The enemy AI is the big sticking point.
  • Vanny_ArtsVanny_Arts Member Posts: 16
    Hopefully GS will come with such thing as a street fighter temple or any way to make this kind of game,,, MMmmm but I have not yet seem anybody done this in any engine since it have to do with a lot and a lot of coding. Witch I personally think it's one of the hardest kind of game to build.

Got to start with Mario,Sonic or shooter kind of game in order to get to that level.

Street fight in iphone???? MMmmM i don't know about that.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Vanny's right - Street Fighter on an iPhone, while awesome, would be really hard to do, mainly due to the controls.

If you think about it, you need eight input options, or their equivalent, and that's just for movement.

Then you need six buttons, three for kicks, three for punches, and the ability to do multiple inputs.

You also have to consider the input method. A touch screen is no replacement for physical buttons and a joystick/d-pad. Especially when you consider the combinations needed for special moves.

Then there's the AI...

So yeah, I think that, just like in Jurassic Park, just because you *can* do it, does it mean you should? I think such a game, without drastic changes to the control method, would be a bit of a disaster.

Shame really!

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    Gotta agree with QS here. 2 words Funky Punch. Look it up on iTunes. That is why Street Fighter should NEVER come to a touch only platform.

:)

-JGary