Online mode

GrimmGhostsGrimmGhosts Member, PRO Posts: 33

Hello I'm working on a 2D shooter game I can not figure out how to use the online feature could someone tell me how I use this feature?

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

What specifically are you needing help with? Is there a behavior you're interested in or a feature you're trying to add to your game? "Online feature" could mean one of about ten different things...

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• GrimmGhostsGrimmGhosts Member, PRO Posts: 33

At the moment I need help making different characters for each of the players they each control their own character how could I do that?

It's hard to know without more details. You can make separate actors for each "character" in your game. And then beyond that I'm not sure how your players are going to control the characters... with keyboard commands? Swiping? Tapping on-screen buttons?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

wasd for moving click to shoot and mouse to aim

edited January 2019

You should be able to find all that by Googling search terms, for example: wasd gamesalad

No I know how to do that but I do not know how to make one persons wasd control player 1 and another player's wasd control player 2

edited January 2019

Okay, so I think I'm getting it now... you want to have two players battle each other over the Internet? It's not possible to do that with GameSalad. GameSalad's network features are asynchronous which means that only one player can take actions at a time (think Battleship or Tic-Tac-Toe instead of Halo or Fortnite).

Furthermore, the network features can be VERY difficult to setup so if you're a beginner at GameSalad, I don't recommend starting there.

How could I set up AI that will fallow you and shoot at you and other AI if within a range and if no one is in the range it will randomly move?

Well, that's difficult to do but certainly possible. You might start by Googling gamesalad tower defense and see what others have written about the issue.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

What is the difference between integer and real?

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

@GrimmGhosts

Hi,

I would suggest taking a quick look at the GS Glossary.

https://help.gamesalad.com/gamesalad-cookbook/1-getting-started/1-11-glossary/

It saved me hours of time and made me familiar with what tools I have to work with. Plus, they have a great data base to search. Here is info on Real and Integer attributes:

Integer: whole number values, such as 15, 0, 42, and 5801. Integer is one of the more versatile attributes. A few of the many possible uses are storing the game’s score, specifying the number of units to spawn, or keeping track of how many reward objects are left in a scene.

Real: allows for decimal values, such as 3.582, 0.882, and -2.5. Obviously integers can work here as well. Real attributes allow developers to include fractional events, such as time ticking down (or up), pouring a volume of liquid, or hit point / damage records where fractions of a point can be dealt.

I got the AI set up nicely but the player will not fallow the mouse when the player leaves the original frame how could I fix this right now I am using vector to angle.