Happy New Year! Welcome to 2019! State of the Salad Q1

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,052

Sorry, no big quarterly updates yet. Due to various vacation schedules and illnesses , GameSalad is currently like a bear coming out of hibernation.

Once we all get oriented again, I'll post a more detailed update / roadmap, but here's a quick summary:

• On 12/12 we pushed an RC. There was some admob goodness included support of all 3 ad types for both iOS and Android and Admob mediation between Admob and Chartboost on Android. More details here.

• There is a reported issue with the RC where enabling Admob achievements will cause a crash when enabled. We're looking into it and a fix will likely be the next RC release. If you haven't seen it, my guess is that's it's a combo of a bug on my part and a particular configuration on the Google Play side.

• First pass of coding of IronSource on Android had been completed before Christmas (i.e. it compiles). As is, it would only give you IronSource ads, assuming it works (i.e. we haven't tested it yet). The next steps will be to work on managing what are called "Mediation Adapters". These are the glue libraries that bridge a request into IronSources' APIs to the various ad providers. We don't want to just drop them all in there, because that would blow up the size of the APK. So we need adjust things so publishing can remove unused adapters as needed.

This actually turned into more detail that I initially imagined, so yah, roadmap updates for Q1 will just show up here!

Anyway, Happy New Year to you all!

Comments

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458

Thanks for the update @adent42! :)

• 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368

Thanks for the update! Happy New Year @adent42 , the rest of the GameSalad crew, and the community!

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

Cheers @adent42 and Happy New Year to everyone! ;)

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Thanks for your work @adent42 Happy new year!

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• hybridhybrid Member Posts: 183

thank you @adent42 Happy New Year to you and for everyone!

• NKBDLNKBDL Member, PRO Posts: 100

Hi I am back! :) Was really busy for a while. We look to get our game demo out this month. Keep it up to all who still is sticking with GS :)))

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

Happy New Year @adent42 - let's do this!

Did anyone ask this question? For the currently beta testing, online creator, what does it differ from our current console version?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,052

I wanted to get a quick comment on the RC. Other than a known issue with Google Play Achievements, how is the RC working out for everyone? I'm thinking of promoting it to the mainline so that I can start pushing IronSource builds. Has anyone seen anything that makes it worse than the existing build for them (on both iOS and Android)?

• Chris FitsimonsChris Fitsimons Member Posts: 134

Can gamesalad really still justify the $300 a year price tag with almost no community interaction , lack of development (seems to me) and focus on the education market? A quick look takes you to move advanced engines which are free or low cost. I love GS but has to call it a day when looking at value for money. ?

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 523

@adent42 said:
    I wanted to get a quick comment on the RC. Other than a known issue with Google Play Achievements, how is the RC working out for everyone? I'm thinking of promoting it to the mainline so that I can start pushing IronSource builds. Has anyone seen anything that makes it worse than the existing build for them (on both iOS and Android)?

I'm sorry @adent42 at the moment I'm not publishing, I'm in a middle of development and I hope IronSource to be ready to use in my new release :)

• gizzi93gizzi93 Member, PRO Posts: 67

@CasualEvolution said:

@adent42 said:

I'm sorry @adent42 at the moment I'm not publishing, I'm in a middle of development and I hope IronSource to be ready to use in my new release :)

I haven't been publishing either as I'm waiting for IronSource as well. Hoping the RC will be available soon;)

• blobblob Member, PRO Posts: 229

Is App Formative still in business? I can't get a hold of Roland @Hopscotch, and a new account i made just simply disappeared.

?

my RC Pending has been on for a few hours... someone fix please...

ok seems it is ok now

Stuck again and this time saying that my images were corrupted.. and then now it is pending again forever... :(

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

@blob said:
    ?

Yes, I spoke to him yesterday and use Appformative on a regular basis. I'll point him to this thread.

• kdhjr23kdhjr23 Member, PRO Posts: 43

Im stuck on genreating... any updates on this?

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793
    edited February 2019

@adent42 just thought i'd report a bug, if it hasn't been reported on gs for mac. on my current project today, when i have deleted a couple of images, gs has deleted all my images, replacing all images with "asset missing".

not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but it'd be an idea for people to keep a separate backup folder with all their images.

edit: and now i can't even re-add images to my project file. not happy. going through "show package contents" the entire image folder has vanished, and i can't drag a new one in there.
    ok i found a way to drag in a replacement images folder but the issue is still there and has happened to me twice in the last couple of days. yesterday it was just the images. today it was the whole folder. please fix.

@bob loblaw said:
    @adent42 just thought i'd report a bug, if it hasn't been reported on gs for mac. on my current project today, when i have deleted a couple of images, gs has deleted all my images, replacing all images with "asset missing".

not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but it'd be an idea for people to keep a separate backup folder with all their images.

edit: and now i can't even re-add images to my project file. not happy. going through "show package contents" the entire image folder has vanished, and i can't drag a new one in there.
    ok i found a way to drag in a replacement images folder but the issue is still there and has happened to me twice in the last couple of days. yesterday it was just the images. today it was the whole folder. please fix.

I had the error message too. But I didn't have the delete all issue. I do always have a backup for my images, also my GS project files saved separately from time to time..

I hope the generation issue will be solved soon

@Armelline said:
    Yes, I spoke to him yesterday and use Appformative on a regular basis. I'll point him to this thread.

Thanks @Armelline, I was starting to worry this makes me feel much better :)
    (we can't lose AF)

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,052

@NKBDL sorry about that. Looks like the system was lying to us when it said it was up. I had to shut down the app generator of the publishing system and restart it all. It's all running now but you might get "The internets are broken" if you have a pending publish. That message happens when we can't download the gameproj.

In this case, if it's too long between when the publish button is hit and when we actually process the publishing, it will show that message. If you hit "Generate" again it should work.

@bob loblaw that's a new one, we will need to look into it.

@adent42 seems it is working now! Cheers! We will get back to work :)) Thanks again. If any issues I will post it here again to share

• gizzi93gizzi93 Member, PRO Posts: 67

@adent42 Will IronSource be available soon? I know many here are anxiously waiting for it :wink:

edited March 2019

@gizzi93 said:
    @adent42 Will IronSource be available soon? I know many here are anxiously waiting for it :wink:

@adent42 ...no answer?...
    It's been more than 2 months since your last update about IromSource.
    Please let us know

Thanks

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• hirobagameshirobagames Member, PRO Posts: 15

Also publishing portal is not working we are gettingnl no internets error

• JettJamesJettJames Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2019

@hirobagames same here, won't publish correctly. Comes up with this: "The internets are broken. We were unable to access the project file you uploaded. Please try again later. If the problem persist contact support and reference publish request [5f952872-5b76-4c79-ab3a-f28726b682f0]."