My new Post-GS game 'TetraLogical', out now on Steam!...

JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

Firstly, I just wanted to say that although I've had a love/hate affair at times with GS over the years, the techniques, experience and knowledge I picked up whilst using it really have all helped me get better at game development... (and of course, it's absolutely no fault of GS's that Courier Chaos etc never really SOLD, that's just down to the market/stores I guess)...

Basically, I managed to produce a fun, complete and quirky, smooth-running game, so no issues at all with GS, once ironed out - it really is a testament to what can be achieved with GS given enough time and lateral thinking...)

PS - Be careful with Chartboost, guys - Courier Chaos has been available for over 12 months now, and lots of people are confirming that they're watching LOADS of video reward ads on it, but still - 49 CENTS is all it's earned?!... that figure hasn't increased or changed in 6 months.... Hmmm....

...So anyway... I've moved on, as I wanted to break into Steam, plus my projects were getting bigger and more ambitious (in terms of processor usage and AI coding, etc), and THIS is my latest release:-

TetraLogical!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/814420/TetraLogical/

If anyone fancies taking a look, it's currently available on PC/Windows Steam (Mac and Linux to follow, then mobile), and I have plenty of free keys for my fellow GS'ers...)...

Just express interest here or via PM, and I'll PM you a key for the full game, the current release of which, can be downloaded right now on Early Access... (TetraLogical already plays a full game, has Human or AI CPU opponents, a level editor, and achievements etc, I'm just adding LOADS more stuff to it in the meantime...)

If anyone would be so kind as to also leave a review on Steam for me after playing it, that would make my week!

Best regards,

Den / Japster

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Very cool! It's always nice to see past GS-users come back and check in!
    I'd be very interested in a Steam key if you have an extra!

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

@Braydon_SFX said:
    Very cool! It's always nice to see past GS-users come back and check in!
    I'd be very interested in a Steam key if you have an extra!

Many thanks @Braydon_SFX - always appreciated your up-beat and friendly posts! - one key comin' up! :smiley:

Thanks!

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

That looks great, I'll have to wait for the Mac version before I can check it out though. Good luck with it and whatever new tool you're using! :)

@jamie_c said:
    That looks great, I'll have to wait for the Mac version before I can check it out though. Good luck with it and whatever new tool you're using! :)

Thanks for the support, Jamie! - I'm hoping to build and add the Mac version to Steam real soon, once I get my Mac dev system set up properly, and compile a build on that - got to check if I need a Mac dev license from Apple, to make Steam executables, or if they're signed by Steam... Will know soon enough, then send you a key! :smiley:

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458
    edited March 2019

Hey congrats @Japster! Looks like you are set up for successs! :grin:
    I am gonna try Chartboost and I hope it makes some money haha...

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Its great. Well done.

edited March 2019

@Toque said:
    Its great. Well done.

Thanks Toque! - New update just uploaded too... :smile: much better menu system, groundwork and teaser for more Solo modes, etc...

I have to say though guys... It's early days I know, but beyond the initial flurry of purchases and wishlisting, the last week has been depressingly quiet, both sales and wishlist-wise, so much for take-off on Steam!... :frowning:

The crazy thing is that, like Courier Chaos, everyone who's actually got it, IS playing it for hours, unlocking Achievements, posting scores on Leaderboards, etc - just can't seem to get the damn thing noticed...

Oh well, next step, update my trailer video with the swanky new gfx screenshots / footage...

@Braydon_SFX - forgot to ask buddy! - did you try it out? :smile: Be interested to hear what you think, when you do!... :smile:

Hey, what engine did you use to make TetraLogical? Unity?

edited June 2019

@Twayne2 said:
    Hey, what engine did you use to make TetraLogical? Unity?

Hi Twayne - not sure if I should mention it? (Admin/ @adent42 , feel free to remove it not!), but it's Game Maker Studio 2 mate...

Also, many thanks for downloading and trying my game out!

Den

I have no plans of switching over form GS, don't worry haha. :blush:

• MichaelMooreMichaelMoore Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2020

Game is super but i think the price 4.99$ is too much. Just my thoughts.