Max amount of scenes

DecburnsDecburns Member, PRO Posts: 6

Had an idea for a project but it will require a large amount of scenes, probably over 500. The project is kinda like a 3d maze, each scene being one small piece of the whole maze, so each scene would have very little going on, maybe some background animation and buttons to move to another part.

Has anyone had any issues using large amounts of scenes?

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

My first thought is: there must be a way to design that game without using 500 scenes. Probably a single scene coded efficiently to create what you need. But I could be wrong!

Secondly, I don't believe there's a limit to the number of scenes you can create. I just can't personally imagine setting up 500 scenes in GameSalad. I can't remember if the online version of Creator has support for grids and has any sort of window memory but on the Desktop version, this would be a bit of a nightmare to setup.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

I know old vets who used the tool had huge point and click games that had an incredible amount of scenes in them. The games ran fine, even with the heavy amounts of assets in the game. I think you should be okay.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited March 2019

@Decburns said:
    Had an idea for a project but it will require a large amount of scenes, probably over 500. The project is kinda like a 3d maze, each scene being one small piece of the whole maze, so each scene would have very little going on, maybe some background animation and buttons to move to another part.

Has anyone had any issues using large amounts of scenes?

I have a game project with nearly 300 scenes and it runs and works fine. If you are very asset heavy in the project, it does slow down the creator a bit. We’ve got about 3000 assets and the project is around 2.6 GB but yeah still works, just slower to open and navigate around then a fresh project.

Ive never tested something that large on the online creator though.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I'm curious why you wouldn't just show & hide or spawn and destroy each piece of the maze in a single scene though.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User