Anyone here using online GameSalad Creator?

NKBDLNKBDL Member, PRO Posts: 100

Anyone? If you are using https://creator.gamesalad.com/ to develop, I really would like to add you to a support group or something. Because now that I couldn't really get anyone to ask nor answer anything.. I would like to have some people whom we can support each other.

Cheers,

My lineID is nkbdl

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

While I don't use Creator on a day-to-day basis anymore, I've been using Creator 2.0 for the last year or so. I'd be happy to try and answer any questions that you have.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited April 2019

I didn't get the sense from this thread that many people are using the online version of Creator. The big exception to that might be the educational market. But I haven't seen evidence of that in the forums. Perhaps there's a separate forum for educational customers?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• NKBDLNKBDL Member, PRO Posts: 100

I recently tried the online creator, I thought it is almost identical and useful for me because I get to do it during breaks

However, I came across say recently, loop over table and the parameter used for the increment couldn't be applied correctly. So I was thinking if this is a bug, or is it cause I messed up something?

Also for the custom collision map, I uploaded a json file which works on the Mac and PC versions, yet it didn't really work well on the online version..

Now I am very confused.. yet I couldn't find anyone who can answer me.. so thus posting this thread

Cheers to all,

edited April 2019

@Braydon_SFX may I know which link will lead me to Creator 2.0?

https://creator.gamesalad.com/

I thought the above link is already Creator 2.0. I tried to search and this should be the latest? But I saw say on YouTube they load it up with specifically a "Creator 2.0" indicated on top. My currently used one shows exactly the same layout, just no "2.0" was indicated.

Also, my online preview works well on change table value, while after i test on my test phones they don't work (didn't change table value)

• famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834

I am creating my game in both pc and online creator. The online one has some bugs and it is not working as efficiently as the pc one for sure.

@famekrafts said:
    I am creating my game in both pc and online creator. The online one has some bugs and it is not working as efficiently as the pc one for sure.

What kind of bugs are you seeing?
    I feel like parity is ALMOST there between the Online Creator and Mac. It's pretty close, but I'm interested to hear what issues you're running in to.

@Braydon_sfx

When working with both pc creator and online creator the differences are staggering.

You must have read other threads here where the UI of online creator is not up to mark as many members have requested changes there.

The bug kind of problem I faced is, when changing scene the music stops.

I am still trying to figure out how to import music, I can only import it as sound, which stops if the scene changes.

In PC creator you can import it as music and when the scene changes the music continues unless I press the button I created to stop it.

In web creator, because it is imported as sound, the music stops once the scene is changed, thus breaking the continuity of the music. Doesn't make sense to restart music every time the scene changes.

Then I could not make the loading screen move in online creator while it works fine with pc creator. I am using the same block coding. I believe I opened a thread for it, no one replied there. https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/97386/how-to-import-music-in-webcreator#latest

I am working as we speak with these two, I will list more bugs as and how I face them.

@Braydon_SFX

I agree with @famekrafts . I have been using the online creator for a while to develop our latest games. I have not worked with sound effects yet, but small things such as the previewer is not 100% perfect (I have to rely on using the GameSalad Viewer app), the import json collision map failed to work right, the actors/ images cannot be drag and custom sorted, etc.. Importing tables also seems to have small issues such as the header rows which should be labels, become your first row. Small things which made it slightly tricky to use and felt unfinished yet.

But overall I like it.

And for @famekrafts , if you have to import it to the online creator, beware that you might have to redo/ debug things. It is best to stick to only one editor version imo!

Try to report your bugs using the blue message us icon on product feedback. it is more efficient

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067

Thanks for the feed back. The HTML5 engine is definitely an issue we need to work out (for more than just the online creator).

@NKBDL said:
    @Braydon_SFX

I agree with @famekrafts . I have been using the online creator for a while to develop our latest games. I have not worked with sound effects yet, but small things such as the previewer is not 100% perfect (I have to rely on using the GameSalad Viewer app), the import json collision map failed to work right, the actors/ images cannot be drag and custom sorted, etc.. Importing tables also seems to have small issues such as the header rows which should be labels, become your first row. Small things which made it slightly tricky to use and felt unfinished yet.

But overall I like it.

And for @famekrafts , if you have to import it to the online creator, beware that you might have to redo/ debug things. It is best to stick to only one editor version imo!

I am writing a book, so keeping online creator in loop as well. A year down the line if there is only online creator available to new users, my book will get outdated. Using online creator with pc creator, gives it long lasting time.

So that even 2-3 years down the line someone can use the book to create games in gamesalad.

@famekrafts said:

@NKBDL said:
    @Braydon_SFX

But overall I like it.

I am writing a book, so keeping online creator in loop as well. A year down the line if there is only online creator available to new users, my book will get outdated. Using online creator with pc creator, gives it long lasting time.

So that even 2-3 years down the line someone can use the book to create games in gamesalad.

They have said that the new online tool will not be replacing the native applications.

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

If GameSalad wants to survive it ought to focus on keeping the Mac version clean and up to date.
    I'm pretty sure most of the income comes from Mac users.

edited June 2019

@abuabed84 said:
    If GameSalad wants to survive it ought to focus on keeping the Mac version clean and up to date.
    I'm pretty sure most of the income comes from Mac users.

and pc users like me. But they are focussing on the online creator, the reason why many have left the forums for now. The situation might change in the future.

edited June 2019

@Braydon_SFX said:

They have said that the new online tool will not be replacing the native applications.

Good enough for us in that case.