Unsubscribing and Resubscribing?

famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834

I work in short bursts. Say for example I will create a game in 3 months and then for another 3 months, I will not be using Gamesalad.

I am using a basic plan right now. After the game is ready, I will upgrade to the Pro plan, to publish on different platforms. Once the marketing is done and launched on all platforms, for the next 2-3 months I will be busy marketing my game and not working with game salad.

Is it possible for me downgrade my plan to free, while I am marketing my game and then when all is done I can work on my second game after 3 months. Is it possible to do this with my plans? I mean there is a reason why it is a monthly subscription and not yearly. It should have the flexibility for us to subscribe and unsubscribe.

Will downgrading to Free Plan effect my game in some way, like features available in pro will stop working in my published game for the free plan?

The platforms are Android and iOS and maybe Steam.

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

There's no penalty for unsubscribing and your published game won't be changed by your status.

We even provide a convenient feature to pause your subscription for 3 months instead of just cancelling.

Pretty much all you'd be missing is the ability to update your games (since you need a subscription to push updates). But I'm guessing you figured that bit out.

We are looking at providing online services in the future, and those WOULD be affected by your subscription status. But for now, there's nothing keeping you from jumping in, out, and around Basic, Pro, and no subscriptions.

• famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834

Thanks, adent42. That really helps.