collision line in an actor

emojiemoji Member, BASIC Posts: 66

hi, can I assume that the black border is collision in an actor, but in testing I actually find that the bottom picture with the green line is the accurate collision line. does anybody notice that

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited May 2019

Is that a picture of a single actor or two actors? Are you having a problem with collision detection for both/one of them? How are their collision shapes set?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Here's a demo that shows that collision shape affects what you might expect to happen with an actor.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

If your color image pixels are smaller than your full graphic size it will seem like the collision shape doesn't match the image also. You should crop your actors right up to the edge of the visible pixels so there is no extra 'white' space around them.

• emojiemoji Member, BASIC Posts: 66

with a just a default square actor create, the collision line will be the exact shape as the actor. is that right? if so it doesn't seem like it! I'm making a beat them up game and and instead of using the actor default collision, I decided to constrain a few square actor (hitting point) to my main actor. with this square actor it seem the collision domain is larger then the visible actor itself. It can be fix by moving the actor a little back but I just want to make sure that i'm right about collision

When you constrain an actor, it affects the collision detection. There are threads about this if you Google constrain collision gamesalad.

• emojiemoji Member, BASIC Posts: 66

oh i figure it out. it seems that my image has a little white spot to its left side.