One button disappeared in HTML5

fogartyfogarty Member, PRO Posts: 181

When I make the HTML5 version of my game, the Start button isn't visible even though it's visible in the iPhone and iPad version. Even stranger, if you click where the Start button should be, the game starts. So it's like it's there, but invisible. Has anyone else had this problem? Or do you have a suggestion on what to try to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

iPhone Version

HTML5 Version

Comments

• famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834

With the html5 version if your assets are too heavy, sometimes they will not load. Like my game would run fine on iPad, but the backgrounds won't load in html5 web version because they were too high quality and heavy graphics.

If you are saving through photoshop use a plugin called super png. It reduces the png file sizes to half especially for objects with transparent background.

• fogartyfogarty Member, PRO Posts: 181

Thank you! I'll try that. The particular button image is smallish, but I think overall my images are pretty big.

• famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834

@fogarty said:
    Thank you! I'll try that. The particular button image is smallish, but I think overall my images are pretty big.

Not talking about the image size. The format you have saved say jpeg or png, check their size in mac directory. the more colors value they have the bigger the size and that causes the problem with html5.

Thanks. Yes, that's what I meant...file size. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I compressed all the image files, and although the game seems a bit more zippy, the Start button is still missing. Does anyone have any other ideas?