jumping below platform to be above the platform

emojiemoji Member, BASIC Posts: 66

hi, i'm not sure if i'm asking the right question. I have a moving platform and i want to jump from below to be on top of the platform. I must be able to jump from below the platform and then after a few second that platform will become ground so that way i can stand on it. How can i do that? if i enable in the player the bounce when colliding with the platform then I won't be able to jump from below. any help is appreciated. player is blue and platform is black

Comments

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Constrain your players Y position to a game attribute.

In your black actors. Put a rule.
    If Player Y positions is => self.position.Y + 0.5*(self.height+player's height)

Than collide with Player.

Hope that helps.

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

what @Two.E said, but if you still aren’t sure, @jamie_c has a good video tute to walk you through basic platformer mechanics on his website i think. also make sure you pump up the density of your platforms.

• famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834

the logic is this, when it is jumping in air, make some attribute to be true. If it is true it will not collide with the platform, so it will cross the platform, but when you release the button and it is not jumping anymore it will make the attribute to false, so it will land on the platfom.