Actor slips through collisions

sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

This is getting really disheartening.. so after piecing collisions into the scene section by section (since GS can't read a multi-sectional json collision file) I now find that my sprite pops through some them. Seems to occur at specific areas. I did everything I can think of with the actors physics and even added extra collision actors to "bulk up" the wall structures and it's still popping through. I also checked the better collisions option for the interacting actors. Still no good. I imagine if I decreased the sprites speed it might stay within the collisions but that would make gameplay rather dull. Am I missing something obvious? Do I need gravity for a top down game? Does GS just not recognize collisions any more? I really don't get it.

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793
    edited June 2019

it’s hard to know exactly what’s going on in your project from your description, but try beefing up the density of the wall/platform actors

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Have you tested the 'Sections" individually? Do some tests. If you are using Custom collision than you may have missed an area or it didn't copy correctly.

If your game is similar to the screenshot in your other thread - I don't know why you would need to us Custom collision.

It is also hard to give any feedback if you don't post rules or info about what you have done.

Best,
    Two.E

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,058

Are the items moving fast?